• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    :ingo:has changed since I joined. It is not the free-wheeling shoot-from-the-hip, "call it as I see it," "let the chips lie where they fall" forum I joined. Speak your mind and you get infractions. The subjects I most enjoy discussing are now verboten with or without papers. So I rarely comment on things. I use the forum just to learn about guns. Thus, the community that was formed initially no longer exits. It has been banished into silence. JMHO.

Many here have formed friendships, and these are evident by the interactions between them. But with the ability to dialog about current events, varying world views, political perspectives, it seems extremely difficult to form such friendships now. One cannot speak/write clearly and precisely because of the limitations placed on topics and expressions. Thus, no longer any reason to wear the INGO gear, purchase its swag, or even promote it. I also no longer see any reason for the 50-post minimum before one can use the classifieds or send PMs. There is no longer any community to protect. Might just as well go the gunbroker route and let folks sign up and bid, or buy. Again, JMHO.

So why do I hang around? Well, occasionally I will venture to comment on something, as in this case. Rare, now, but I do comment occasionally. I stay primarily to learn about guns. I guess that is what Fenway and the advertisers want. Fine. Their house; their rules. I have learned a great deal here, and am still learning. It is just not fun any more. I just use it like the library—come when I need to do some research and get out ASAP, most of the time.

IndyDave described the situation well, I think. It was fun while it lasted.

Agreed.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Looks like he joined another forum where opinions are exchanged openly and objective truth is discussed without homage to "political correctness".
    :)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Looks like he joined another forum where opinions are exchanged openly and objective truth is discussed without homage to "political correctness".
    :)

Be that as it may, no other forum will ever have the sense of community that INGO has. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Wow. I agree with what you said even if my behavior often doesn't reflect that. Sorry to see you go. I do have to point out that your leaving will in no way advance your beliefs.

I have seen it posted here many different times that the only requirement needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing........ which is what you will be doing, at least in regards to any evils present on INGO.

I suppose a guy can only take so much...... I understand completely, even if I am not yet there myself.

As a way to discourage this from happening any more I would love to see a new forum, one with no rules that stifle discourse. It could be called "The Street". If you get into a heated scuffle with someone, you could take it out into "The Street". If you have an unpopular or ugly value to discuss, do it in "The Street". If you DO go out into "The Street" and you get hurt, don't go crying to the mods!

I would wager a years pay (medically retired..... years pay is $0) that it would quickly become one of the busiest forums. At least it would serve to tap and trap the endless amount of vitriol that abounds in the normal forums, leaving them clean and sparkly. Nobody could claim censorship or political correctness because you could always take it to The Street. Nobody could cry abuse because they chose for themselves to venture into The street. INGO could both keep the house clean and boast the only freedom loving gun forum in existence. Everyone would win.

ISL State CO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Not that my opinion matters much to most of you.... I've been a member of this site for several years, but as you can tell by the few posts I've made, I haven't been around much. Part of the reasons I haven't been on here are for many of the same reasons thathttps://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/indydave1776.html IndyDave1776 pointed out, but also because I have a forum of my own that I maintain, not to mention a long list of other tasks. The reason for my absence, I determined, was because I had better things to do than to come up here and join in with other free speaking American's. In other words, I thought this would be a collection of "Like Minded" people, and for the most part, it is. But having received a PM from IndyDave1776 indicating his departure from this site, it has caused me to pause and reexamine my own involvement here. And after reading some of the other comments in this thread, I can't help but start to think that there are factors that I do not have a detailed picture of that are the reasons that INGO exists. I'm not going to speculate as to what those factors are, because I can't prove one way or the other. But the one aspect of this site that needs no explanation is that the members on INGO are starting to get a bit perturbed at the managers of said site for various actions taken. Personally, I don't NEED to be apart of this site - I chose to be here, and like IndyDave1776, I can take it or leave it. So in this case, since I have better things to do and another place that I call Home, I will be taking an extended leave of absence from this site, and I will be replacing the INGO sticker in the back window of my truck with an ISL sticker.

I wish you all well. Have a happy and prosperous new year. I hope to connect with some of you in the not too distant future.

In Liberty...

Don

PS - The fact that you have to re-log-in every few minutes to even make a post on this site is total pain in the <censored>!!!!!!!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Not that my opinion matters much to most of you.... I've been a member of this site for several years, but as you can tell by the few posts I've made, I haven't been around much. Part of the reasons I haven't been on here are for many of the same reasons thathttps://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/indydave1776.html IndyDave1776 pointed out, but also because I have a forum of my own that I maintain, not to mention a long list of other tasks. The reason for my absence, I determined, was because I had better things to do than to come up here and join in with other free speaking American's. In other words, I thought this would be a collection of "Like Minded" people, and for the most part, it is. But having received a PM from IndyDave1776 indicating his departure from this site, it has caused me to pause and reexamine my own involvement here. And after reading some of the other comments in this thread, I can't help but start to think that there are factors that I do not have a detailed picture of that are the reasons that INGO exists. I'm not going to speculate as to what those factors are, because I can't prove one way or the other. But the one aspect of this site that needs no explanation is that the members on INGO are starting to get a bit perturbed at the managers of said site for various actions taken. Personally, I don't NEED to be apart of this site - I chose to be here, and like IndyDave1776, I can take it or leave it. So in this case, since I have better things to do and another place that I call Home, I will be taking an extended leave of absence from this site, and I will be replacing the INGO sticker in the back window of my truck with an ISL sticker.

I wish you all well. Have a happy and prosperous new year. I hope to connect with some of you in the not too distant future.

In Liberty...

Don

PS - The fact that you have to re-log-in every few minutes to even make a post on this site is total pain in the <censored>!!!!!!!

74343-Tombstone-well-bye-gif-hji0.gif

P.S. When you discover your dramatic exit was nearly instantly forgotten and start posting again, check the "keep me signed in" box to avoid being logged out when typing circumlocutory posts.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Not that my opinion matters much to most of you.... I've been a member of this site for several years, but as you can tell by the few posts I've made, I haven't been around much. Part of the reasons I haven't been on here are for many of the same reasons that IndyDave1776 pointed out, but also because I have a forum of my own that I maintain, not to mention a long list of other tasks. The reason for my absence, I determined, was because I had better things to do than to come up here and join in with other free speaking American's. In other words, I thought this would be a collection of "Like Minded" people, and for the most part, it is. But having received a PM from IndyDave1776 indicating his departure from this site, it has caused me to pause and reexamine my own involvement here. And after reading some of the other comments in this thread, I can't help but start to think that there are factors that I do not have a detailed picture of that are the reasons that INGO exists. I'm not going to speculate as to what those factors are, because I can't prove one way or the other. But the one aspect of this site that needs no explanation is that the members on INGO are starting to get a bit perturbed at the managers of said site for various actions taken. Personally, I don't NEED to be apart of this site - I chose to be here, and like IndyDave1776, I can take it or leave it. So in this case, since I have better things to do and another place that I call Home, I will be taking an extended leave of absence from this site, and I will be replacing the INGO sticker in the back window of my truck with an ISL sticker.

In Liberty...

Don

18 post in 5 years? You haven't really participated much. Hate to see go before you really even participate. Best of luck and as mentioned, you can select the "keep me logged in option" I haven't logged in for years.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...having received a PM from IndyDave1776 indicating his departure from this site, it has caused me to pause and reexamine my own involvement here...
    ...I will be taking an extended leave of absence from this site, and I will be replacing the INGO sticker in the back window of my truck with an ISL sticker...

So IndyDave solicited this public departure?

Top Bottom