• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Ok maybe I live in a bubble. I have been noticing my cigarettes have been acting like they are stale.
    Not staying lit, ashes in the eye and burning my throat.

Come to find out they are FSC or fire safe cigarettes. How the heck did Indiana pass this stupid law.

I smoke! No excuses no BS it is my choice as an American to do so.

However the gov't now wants to keep me safer by mandating I smoke more (take more frequent puffs) in order to keep the cig lit.

This makes me safer because they have added ridges and extra chemicals (bonding agents) to the paper. These FSC laws protect me in case I fall asleep smoking the cig burns itself out instead of setting me on fire.

Personally I would rather take my chances instead of the extra poison (napthalene and others).
    I found one petition against these laws and ask if you feel as I do that this added risk is not worth the gain to pass this link on to your evil smoking friends.

Repeal Fire Safe Cigarette Laws - The Petition Site

Packin-Heat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Avon, Indiana
    The new cigs suck....literally

I could not agree with you more. Since these new cigarettes have came to Indiana I have noticed a big difference, they dont taste the same, they wont stay lit not even for a normal amount of time, (I.E. you smoke them faster). Its like the Tobacco Companies , and the government both get what they want and the People who pay their bills get screwed once again. Its almost as bad as taking my tax dollars and using them against me in a whole new way. First screw with my guns, then cigarettes, whats next ?

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    UGH....My husband and I were just talking this over. I'm rather annoyed. I'm a smoker, I'm tying to quit, but still a smoker. I dont smoke in my house or my car. What irritates me about the whole issue is that smoke prices keep going up and they are messing with the "laws" in smoking. When, the whole time, Alcohol isn't even brought up. I'm dumbfounded. Why cigarettes? Lets start taxing the sh#t out of alcohol too. That way like smoking, people wouldn't be able to afford it and quit (or slow down).
    Less drunk drivers, less drunk criminals, Less drunk abusers. Seriously, I can't tell you how many people I know personally who have died from reasons consisting alcohol.....yet all this attention for smokers.
    Bullsh%t.
    And I'd feel this way if I wasn't a smoker too. Alcohol is what needs to be taxed, not smokes!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Hey hey hey hey, now! Let's all just calm down and step back for a second! That's just crazy talk. There's no reason to take alcohol down with you.
    Seriously though....think about it! Why just smokes? I don't get it! Smokes cause cancer, drinking causes loads of things. Death, murder, mean drunks, liver issues etc. The list could go on and on. It's obvious that alcohol is a problem. Dont get me wrong...I know smoking is bad too it causes health issues and smells bad and really, is just plain gross. I really get it. I too think people need to try to quit, but I also feel the same way for drinkers. We all have vices....you can't just pick one to gang up on!

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have noticed this with the camel lights I smoke. It will go out if you don't puff the hell out of it. I smoked marlboro reds and didn't have that problem but has this started for all cigarrettes? Does it show it on the pack if thats the case?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Hey hey hey hey, now! Let's all just calm down and step back for a second! That's just crazy talk. There's no reason to take alcohol down with you.

Well, I've quit smoking, and diabetes means I can't drink even a beer anymore, and the fact that others can have joy I can't is making me pissy. So, I think they ought to raise taxes on both to conduct research on diabetes friendly beer.

In fact, I think they ought to outlaw beer I can't drink. This would spur research on beer I can drink.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    True, but the answer is to fight for the one being ganged up on, not try to get them to take down everything else, too!
    Trust me...I dont want to *take down everything else*! I just want things to be fair. And alcohol has affected many people close to me in negative ways. I want alcohol to be harder to get for personal reasons, not just because they are making it harder to get smokes. I'm fighting for the ones being ganged up on....But I'm also putting my beliefs on alcohol out there as well! :dunno:

Sorry for the hijack......:patriot:

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.

:+1:

We've already been down this road with alcohol, and it lead to the birth of organized crime in this nation. Prohibition didn't work with alcohol, isn't working with drugs, and won't work with cigaretts.:twocents:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Seriously though....think about it! Why just smokes? I don't get it! Smokes cause cancer, drinking causes loads of things. Death, murder, mean drunks, liver issues etc. The list could go on and on. It's obvious that alcohol is a problem. Dont get me wrong...I know smoking is bad too it causes health issues and smells bad and really, is just plain gross. I really get it. I too think people need to try to quit, but I also feel the same way for drinkers. We all have vices....you can't just pick one to gang up on!

I love Irony!
    Does Rachel know the definition of irony?

Banning, ganging up, passing laws against etc is not the solution.

How can someone so pro 2A and against big government even suggest we "go after" any group of people. Pass and enforce laws that make sense and restitution for damages not agendas and just for the alleged well being of those of us that are too stupid for our own good.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Easy fix. Roll your own. I am an ex smoker. But for the last two years I smoked I rolled my own, complete with filter. Saves bunches of money and some products taste better than store bought. My favorite, partly because it was so cheap, was Tops menthol.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I have noticed this with the camel lights I smoke. It will go out if you don't puff the hell out of it. I smoked marlboro reds and didn't have that problem but has this started for all cigarrettes? Does it show it on the pack if thats the case?

above the upc code they are marked FSC on marlboro. I believe in IN they must be in compliance by July 1st.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Easy fix. Roll your own. I am an ex smoker. But for the last two years I smoked I rolled my own, complete with filter. Saves bunches of money and some products taste better than store bought. My favorite, partly because it was so cheap, was Tops menthol.

Concessions? I offered an avenue of political resistence or pressure not concessions.

During the ammo drought should we start making our own gun powder? How long before it will be illegal to roll your own with the FDA and obamatards running the show.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Can we start an INGO stupid "tax"?

Every time someone posts something truly retarded or obamaish they have to donate a nickel to the NRA or just to be fair for the liberals Green Peace.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I love Irony!

How can someone so pro 2A and against big government even suggest we "go after" any group of people. Pass and enforce laws that make sense and restitution for damages not agendas and just for the alleged well being of those of us that are too stupid for our own good.

Look, I've stated this numerous times...I'm not here to play the games some of you are. I will not argue about it. I stated my thoughts, which is what we are here to do. I shouldn't have even brought up the fact so it's my fault. Next time you want to know if *Rachel knows something*...go ahead and ask...Rachel.

I'm sure you are perfect and right about everything.....so lets just drop it at calling people *stupid*. I would hate to have to join you in Second Grade!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Yep, we do this. Which has helped us cut down A LOT!

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I love Irony!

Ok, let's not gang up on Rachel now guys. I can understand 100% where she's coming from. I feel the exact same way. It's not that alcohol SHOULD be taxed... not at all. The point is, tobacco is hopelessly trapped under the governments thumb and it doesn't make sense as to why. They say it's for "health" reasons... yet they dismiss the fact that hundreds of people (including the innocent) die of liver failure, stroke, blood disease, dimentia, bar fights, murder, car accidents, etc., etc. from alcohol every day. Families are torn apart by alcohol every single day and yet the government turns a blind eye. It's an addiction that they mask (and enable) as a "disease", yet tobacco addiction is deemed merely a matter of will power. It's a double standard that is rediculous. And no, I don't think they should tax alcohol, but I don't think the government should be talking out of both sides of its proverbial mouth either. It's hypocritical and it's ludicrous.

My cure for the whole dilemma... I think they should legalize another type of tobacco and tax the hell out of it. It'd wipe that deficit clean in no time, "green" up the earth in multiple ways, create jobs, lighten the prison load and mellow the whole friggin country out. Yep, sounds like a plan to me.

And thanks to the OP... I was wondering what those funny looking rings were around my cigs lately.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    My cure for the whole dilemma... I think they should legalize another type of tobacco and tax the hell out of it. It'd wipe that deficit clean in no time, "green" up the earth in multiple ways, create jobs, lighten the prison load and mellow the whole friggin country out. Yep, sounds like a plan to me.

I was going to say the same thing, but figured I'd be jumped on by many! Glad you said it!!!!! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom