• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I attended (spectated) my first FNS this past Friday, and it was great! As someone who was a bit worried about being perhaps a bit intimidated due to lack of experience in competitive shooting, it was really nice to see how the event was conducted with a welcoming attitude and educational emphasis (most importantly, from a safety aspect, but also with patience for newcomers). The only negative aspect I could see (besides ammo cost if one misses too much!) is having to wait an entire month for the next one :D Which leads to my next question...

I'm already a member of MCF&G. Do they ever drag the plate rack or other targets out between scheduled matches and set them up for practice shooting from the covered firing line? I know this would require volunteers to RO (good practice for that, too?), but not necessarily be timed... If this were scheduled between matches, it could help promote the club. My brother and I would be willing to volunteer as time permits if that would help. Thoughts?

EDIT: Of course, taller/closer targets (plate rack?) could increase the risk of shooting over the berm... Then there's the new part of the range I haven't seen yet... Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Yeah, but you don't get that sound!

So there's apparently a "mystique" about the steel, and anticipating its return... I think I can already begin to understand and relate to that... Kind of like when they went to more than one race a year at Indy. It sort of diluted the aura of the place.

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Was it something I said? Certainly not intended in any way :)

T,
    Don't pay attention to us all joking. If we practiced we wouldn't have a decent excuse:rockwoot:
    Now, if this is who I think it is, your dad & I go back a loooooong way. Does your brothers name start with a "C" ?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Bobcat Steel

Yeah, but you don't get that sound!

So there's apparently a "mystique" about the steel, and anticipating its return... I think I can already begin to understand and relate to that... Kind of like when they went to more than one race a year at Indy. It sort of diluted the aura of the place.

Wow! Sure glad I didn't buy that 8" steel plate from BOBCAT STEEL that I have been shooting at all month @ MCF&G!! Sure would hate to be blasphemous! :rolleyes: :rockwoot: :D

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Wow! Sure glad I didn't buy that 8" steel plate from BOBCAT STEEL that I have been shooting at all month @ MCF&G!! Sure would hate to be blasphemous! :rolleyes: :rockwoot: :D

I carry steel plates, and target stands in the back of my truck. They are there for the psychological effect they'll have on other shooters. It isn't working:rolleyes: Maybe I should actually use them:dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I carry steel plates, and target stands in the back of my truck. They are there for the psychological effect they'll have on other shooters. It isn't working:rolleyes: Maybe I should actually use them:dunno:

Maybe you should park close, and have someone hunker down in the back of the truck and hit the plate with a hammer every time you shoot!

Top Bottom