• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So, who's all going? This should be a GREAT match this month. The weather's warm, the day is long..... Awesome shooting conditions! I'll be there shooting in 2 classes I've never shot in before! Production and shotgun, I'll be running my M&P Pro and my 870. Hope to see a lot of familiar faces!:rockwoot::ingo:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Heh, yeah it seems like a long time. It's been almost a week longer than usual this time due to the calendar. I know I really wanna shoot, and I HOPE that the Juggernaut doesn't fubar me too bad the night before...:n00b:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I will be there.

I will either be shooting something in .22 or 12ga, I am still boycotting this BS 9mm shortage/overpricing.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Shooters,
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, June 12th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-up at 5:15 pm and a shooters meeting at 6:00 pm to explain the rules and to form squads. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry.
    FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

* PLEASE TAKE NOTE *
    We have Friday Night Steel bumper stickers available for purchase. They can be purchased during sign in at all Friday Night Steel events.
    If you wondered where to purchase the Friday Nights Steel gear that some of the RO’s were wearing. You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts and hats at Café press

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    Due to inflation, we have raised prices to $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10.00 with your first paid entry. This puts us at the same cost as many of the other local steel matches, and much less than many of the USPSA matches. Our goal is to help offset the rising costs of insurance, fuel, and taxes so that we provide a financially stable club for many generations to come.

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    Marion County Fish and Game allows the sighting in of rifles in the calibers of 38 special, 357 magnum, 44 special, and 44 magnum, provided that the rifles are fired from a bench rest at paper targets. This rule applies to regular business hours; so you can finally sight in guns in the above mentioned calibers for the new Indiana deer season. Please make sure that you follow this rule to the letter, so that FNS sets a good example for all MCFG club members.
    5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score.
    If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out the following site. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA. The sight is now listing results for FNS so be sure to check them out.

Don’t forget about the Bowling Pin Shoot (Fourth Saturday) at Marion County Fish and Game.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,
    Anton C Howard

FridayNightSteel@gmail.com

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I won't be able to make this one either.

I will be on my way to South Dakota for a mission trip....if all goes well I will be poppin some P-dogs sometime next week.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Cory, you can shoot any of your guns. I run my 9mm SBR and my .22 SBR with Can. I know how close to you I have to be with the timer if you shoot suppressed, so I encourage you to shoot in my squad...

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    What distances can I expect to shoot from and can I load all my mags before I get to the range?

Finally bought a red dot for the .22 AR and i need to sight it in tomorrow night for Friday.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    What distances can I expect to shoot from and can I load all my mags before I get to the range?

Finally bought a red dot for the .22 AR and i need to sight it in tomorrow night for Friday.

Distance is 20-30ft.

Yes, you can load your mags before you get to the range.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    What about just coming to see what it is about for a couple hours. I have to head to my parents Friday night for an early morning thing Sat, but would like to stop and see how it works so I could possibly do it next month. Any restrictions on visiting?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    What about just coming to see what it is about for a couple hours. I have to head to my parents Friday night for an early morning thing Sat, but would like to stop and see how it works so I could possibly do it next month. Any restrictions on visiting?

Just have some eye and ear protection, spectators are welcome.

Top Bottom