• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Speaking of enough mags, if you don't have the required number of magazines, please either get enough, or shoot a different gun. The last few months, I have had shooters in my squad with too few magazines, sometimes as few as ONE. This drags-down our squad and slows FNS for everyone. As much as I encourage ALL shooters, new and old, to participate, you really do need the proper equipment. I'm pretty easy to get along with as RO's go, but from here on out if shooters don't have enough mags to complete their strings of fire, they'll be getting max times on the strings they didn't have enough mags for.

As Chuck is famous for saying "We're not mad at ya, but rules are rules".:ingo:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'm going to try and be there. I've got a new Kel Tec SU-22 that i think will be fun. I've only put about a hundred rounds through it, so we'll see how it loikes being shot fast!

Doug K

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Glass is Half Full

It looks like it's going to be about 32 degrees tomorrow; I'm anxious to see how many hearty souls will be out shooting with us. On the upside, if not too many people show up, we may be able to get to BW3's sooner :D

See you all there!
    Chuck

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    I shot last december as it was my first event shooting. Frost formed on out gun bags. I will miss this one as I am still not 100% after having the flu.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    well looks like if i dont have my package from springfield by tomorrow i will be making a trip to barf mountain or dumbs guns to pick up my last mag...

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    well looks like if i dont have my package from springfield by tomorrow i will be making a trip to barf mountain or dumbs guns to pick up my last mag...
    Never mind the :rules::D:D..
    You don't really need 5 mags. All you need is three. There are two ways to do this.

1) Don't miss. If you don't miss you don't need to do a mag change during a string of fire. Therefore all you need is three mags.

2) If you empty a mag during a string of fire don't reload. Simply tell the RO to call time. Yeah it sucks to take a 30. But if your missing enough to need to do a mag change chances are your not going to take 1st place anyway.I took a 30 last month. I had the mags to do the mag change but figured why waste the ammo.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I'm in! I carry enough 'on-board' insulation that a little cold weather shouldn't stop me. :D

VUPDBlue on the other hand lost all his natural insulation!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yeah, I'm probably gonna be running the 870 just because my frozen fingers should present less of a problem with it than with my M&P...

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    Gonna have to pass this month see you all next year. By the way if you shoot open you will probably get first place in open. I think I am the only person who shoots that. My elbow is messed up think I can use it as an excuse to get a semi-auto 12 gauge, the wife saw my point I just can't pump that 870 as fast as I used to. ;)

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Weather Report.... NOT WINDY!

Anton and I showed up to the range really early today to get some other work done. Thankfully, the wind has really died down so it shouldn't be too bad for tonight. It'll still be cold (I'm wearing some Carhartt Bibs and insulated boots), but thankfully not as bad as yesterday.

For those folks that haven't shot in the cold before, it may be a good idea to make sure that your guns are clean and properly lubricated. It's not unusual to see guns jam (especially 22's) when the weather gets colder, as some of the normal lubricants that we use get a little more viscous in the cold weather.

See you at the range!
    Chuck

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    So, the weather really......really.... Sucked. It was a little bit chilly. For my first time shooting steel I was pretty happy. Learned and adjusted some of my techniques and improved throughout the night. Now it's time to practice, practie, practice. Thanks to all that helped make it a great experience. Well, wings are almost here. Time to chow, now that I cannot actually feel my fingers

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    So, the weather really......really.... Sucked. It was a little bit chilly. For my first time shooting steel I was pretty happy. Learned and adjusted some of my techniques and improved throughout the night. Now it's time to practice, practie, practice. Thanks to all that helped make it a great experience. Well, wings are almost here. Time to chow, now that I cannot actually feel my fingers

No matter how the weather is, there is always B dubs afterwards and always a bunch of good people to learn from.

See you next month

Top Bottom