• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    So, this guy comes forward with a substantial number of previously unknown Picasso pieces, wants to authenticate them. The French arrest him on suspicion of stealing them, or fabricating them, or who knows what else. Clearly the old man had motive, trying to get his kids rich when he died. They had no choice but to lock a 71 year old man up, for making the effort to authenticate the paintings. The "estate" of Picasso (aka: his greedy children) are lawyering up to strip the man of his property because "dad didn't just give paintings away". So obviously they deserve the artwork more than the old man does. It's coming. Our own .gov treats us this way every time we want to board an airplane.

Legal Fight Looms Over Staggering Picasso Find

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Oh well, if the greedy heirs say he didn't give anything away, that's good enough for me, even if no one ever reported them stolen or missing.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I mean REALLY!?!?!? How could he have 271 Picasso's unless he had been given them?!?!? Thats really the only plausible explanation, unless they're fakes. I Picasso had been robbed, surely he would have reported, if the heirs had known about them they certainly would have reported it.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I mean REALLY!?!?!? How could he have 271 Picasso's unless he had been given them?!?!? Thats really the only plausible explanation, unless they're fakes. I Picasso had been robbed, surely he would have reported, if the heirs had known about them they certainly would have reported it.
    He was their electrician, his story changed a couple times as to how he got them. He said from Picasso, from the madame(his wife) from the trash.. of course with that many, it could all be true, he could just be getting a bit confused in his old age. Picasso was a fairly giving person, unfortunately his heirs aren't.

There is no question as to the validity of the works though.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    The heirs obviously hold the copyrights and it's their property, no matter what the old guy says.
    Not exactly.... If that was the case then no painting could ever be sold/given to anyone because the artist would always hold the copyright... that just doesn't make any since.

Top Bottom