• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I had the chance to ride along with our very own fpdshooter on Saturday night in Fishers. I never thought I would have the chance to roll down 116th st at 90+ mph with out the chance of going to jail but I was able to do so with Chris. Chris is a great guy and can drive the crap out of a Crown Vic! :yesway:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I had the chance to ride along with our very own fpdshooter on Saturday night in Fishers. I never thought I would have the chance to roll down 116th st at 90+ mph with out the chance of going to jail but I was able to do so with Chris. Chris is a great guy and can drive the crap out of a Crown Vic! :yesway:

There was a time (before I became an LEO myself) that if I wasn't at work or asleep, I was probably riding with either a deputy or a PD buddy. Great fun and VERY eye-opening!!! Glad you had a good time!!!! :rockwoot:
    :cheers:

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    you with your nice site and the good pd that has joined the site, should try to auction off a ride along. just an idea.

jason

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    How does one get to go on a ride along with the police? Invitation only? Do you have to show interest in being a reserve officer? I wouldn't mind going along once (or more) in my hometown but think I would feel stupid asking.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I am participating in the FPD Citizens Academy which meets once a week for 3 hours. It is a 12 week program. This ride-along was part of the curriculum but as a citizen of Fishers I have been informed that I am allowed 2 ride-alongs per year.

I think if you are interested in something like this you should just contact your local department and ask about it.

How does one get to go on a ride along with the police? Invitation only? Do you have to show interest in being a reserve officer? I wouldn't mind going along once (or more) in my hometown but think I would feel stupid asking.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    esrice, lovemywoods and I have done ride alongs with our Bart county deputy friend. It's a hell of a lot of fun and I recommend it to anyone.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    i have ridden a few times with state and you wouldnt believe the things that the PD has to put up with on a day to day basis, especially when everyone is sue happy.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    A lot of departments have ride along programs, contact the department that your interested in and request to do so. They look at it as good public relations. You may have to sign a wavier of liability.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Highly recommended!

My personal opinion is to find someone who knows someone who knows someone. Rather than just calling and asking "can I come on a ride-along?"

If you don't know an LEOs, find someone on here who does, and ask them who they know, maybe you'll get a hookup.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Highly recommended!

My personal opinion is to find someone who knows someone who knows someone. Rather than just calling and asking "can I come on a ride-along?"

If you don't know an LEOs, find someone on here who does, and ask them who they know, maybe you'll get a hookup.

It doesn't hurt to know someone, but it's not unusual to get inquires from citizens wanting to ride along.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Carmel PD has a citizens academy, not sure what all it consists of but it might be something if anyone is interested.

If it's anything like this, you KNOW I'm in! :):

police_academy_four.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom