• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    There's really no advantage to having a nation comprised of exactly one race. In terms of compatibility it's the culture and belief system that tend to make groups of people clash.

If it exists in politics, it needs a respectful opposition to keep it honest.
    Lack of a real opposition to some of this crazy modern think is why we're in the mess we're in now.

I think people are missing the forest for the trees on this.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    ...and WN isn't WS? I'm trying to wrap my head around what you just said, and you not realizing "what".... you just said.

If I'm a white nationalist, my interests are in what best serves white people.
    It's not hatred, it's not supremacy, it's advocacy.

White supremacist are people who like to get blasted drunk on weekends and go burn a cross in the woods.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ...and WN isn't WS? I'm trying to wrap my head around what you just said, and you not realizing "what".... you just said.
    The Armenians want a homeland, the Ukrainians want (to keep) a homeland. They don't necessarily think their race or ethnic group is supreme, only that it would be better off separated from the 'other'

It is the attraction of the idea that homogeneous people would have less
    dissension and more shared goals

If you lived in a black nationalist homeland, I'm betting no one would claim systemic racism was causing all the problems - at least until the caribbean blacks/'real blacks' schism developed more fully

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I am in strong support of a powerful military. Does that make me a Nationalist?

Having spent over 21 in the USAF, I am in favor of Air Supremacy. Am I an Air Supremacist?

My ancestors came from Ireland and Germany. I have no say in the matter, it’s where they came from.

Am I a WAS, a White Air Supremacist??

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Having spent over 21 in the USAF, I am in favor of Air Supremacy. Am I an Air Supremacist?

My ancestors came from Ireland and Germany. I have no say in the matter, it’s where they came from.

The truth of the matter is that you're what ever the lowest common denominator decides to label you, and run with on twitter.

If you have to ask, you aren't.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Some would say that means you are Irish and German.

I knew a girl that was half German and half Polish.
    She said "That means I'm mad as hell but I don't know why." :)

She was very cute and it came out really cool when she said it.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Why do WNs want a White "homeland?" The answer to that question explains why I see there being no difference between the two. Trying to be clever and finding "alternative" reasons is intellectually dishonest. We all know why.
    Partly human nature. We're all generally more comfortable around other humans most like we are, and visual differences are the easiest\quickest way to make distinctions. Might be why most of the black folks at work sit together in segregated groups at lunch. Couple that with being more sensitive about perceived sub-cultural\values differences they view as significant and wa-la.

With regard to the differences between WN and WS, my perception is that the most of the overt difference is the willingness to use violence to achieve goals. That being said, my only real experience with either is being labelled as such by stupid lefties too ignorant to put together a coherent defense of their ideological position.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Armenians want a homeland, the Ukrainians want (to keep) a homeland. They don't necessarily think their race or ethnic group is supreme, only that it would be better off separated from the 'other'

It is the attraction of the idea that homogeneous people would have less
    dissension and more shared goals

If you lived in a black nationalist homeland, I'm betting no one would claim systemic racism was causing all the problems - at least until the caribbean blacks/'real blacks' schism developed more fully
    Armenians have a homeland. Ukrainians want to keep their NATION. The people there have unique shared cultures. Unless you want to tell me that, in America, White and Black people have distinctive cultures solely based around their skin color; your argument falls flat. A Black South Baptist is more aligned with a White Southern Baptist, that he is with a Black East Coast Catholic.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Partly human nature. We're all generally more comfortable around other humans most like we are, and visual differences are the easiest\quickest way to make distinctions. Might be why most of the black folks at work sit together in segregated groups at lunch. Couple that with being more sensitive about perceived sub-cultural\values differences they view as significant and wa-la.

With regard to the differences between WN and WS, my perception is that the most of the overt difference is the willingness to use violence to achieve goals. That being said, my only real experience with either is being labelled as such by stupid lefties too ignorant to put together a coherent defense of their ideological position.
    If Black people “mostly” sit in segregated groups, doesn’t also mean that White people sit in mostly segregated groups? Or is there some poor White person looking longingly at the “Black” table thinking “I wish I was over there?” I’d wager if you asked if you could sit with your Black co-workers, they would welcome you without reservation. So no, I do not believe you staff lunchroom is a microcosm of racial nationalism on display.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If Black people “mostly” sit in segregated groups, doesn’t also mean that White people sit in mostly segregated groups? Or is there some poor White person looking longingly at the “Black” table thinking “I wish I was over there?” I’d wager if you asked if you could sit with your Black co-workers, they would welcome you without reservation. So no, I do not believe you staff lunchroom is a microcosm of racial nationalism on display.

I think there's a significant difference in choosing to sit down with individuals you know, or people to converse with, as opposed to selecting a neighborhood to raise a family in.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think there's a significant difference in choosing to sit down with individuals you know, or people to converse with, as opposed to selecting a neighborhood to raise a family in.
    So there are people you’d freely sit down and have lunch with, but solely because of their skin color, you’d prefer they not buy a house in you neighborhood?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So there are people you’d freely sit down and have lunch with, but solely because of their skin color, you’d prefer they not buy a house in you neighborhood?

I said select a neighborhood. Not select who can move into your neighborhood.

If you were a white cop, would you want to move into the Minneapolis inner city right now?
    There's some practical realities with the tensions right now that make certain choices not the best idea.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    We shall disagree. I view Black Nationalists the same way.

So if we have WS and WN and you used BN do we have BS as well? If you consider WS and WN the same are BN and BS the same.
    Sorry but I just had to pick a ninny nit!
    You know, getting my post count up!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I said select a neighborhood. Not select who can move into your neighborhood.

If you were a white cop, would you want to move into the Minneapolis inner city right now?
    There's some practical realities with the tensions right now that make certain choices not the best idea.
    That reminds me - There is a thing in St Cloud, Minnesota where the cops bought a run-down problem house in a minority neighborhood, mostly Somali, with over a hundred calls to that address in the past. They tore it down and built a new residential style house called "cop house". The cops spend time there and they cater mostly to the kids in the neighborhood but I got the impression that anybody is welcome. A lot of kids go there and they love it - the cops bribe them with fun and a safe place to be. Sometimes they even bring in medical and dental care and pizza. It has done a lot to improve the neighborhood and public relations in the area.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Yes, absolutely, but since the majority of employees at my pow are white, the appearance is that most black employees there feel more comfortable interacting with other black folks. If the demographics were reversed, I would imagine the same would be true, but it would appear like white folks voluntarily segregating into groups.

I don't doubt if I asked to sit at the "black" table, as you put it, I would be refused or discouraged, but the fact is we don't. Subconsciously I guess there's a perception that they chose to segregate, so joining would be an imposition. I mean, they're more than welcome at the "white" table, but they chose not to sit there, so what am I to think?

I didn't claim my lunchroom was a microcosm of racial nationalism. I simply said that human beings, just like animals, are more comfortable with others they can most identify with. There's nothing really wrong with that, unless one let's those natural inclinations treat others poorly. The larger differences appear when those natural inclinations are magnified by cultural or values differences. Taken to the extreme, where groups consider differences irreconcilable, you get white (or black or whatever) nationalism. Add a layer of racial superiority, and you get white (or black or whatever) supremacy.

Top Bottom