Found this guy injured on the road this evening!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    UPDATE

I just got off the phone with Patty from the Indiana Raptor Association and the Owl HAD BEEN SHOT:xmad: and had to be euthanized this morning. There were just too many injuries from the buckshot. This really just pi**ed me off to no end, since I hate people that have no respect for creatures like this. I am by no means a tree hugging moron, I enjoy small game hunting, sleeping during deer season, and I eat what I kill, and I kill it quickly and humanely.
    I really hate stupid people!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    So sorry to hear that. Thanks to you the owl was given a chance which is more than it had on the side of the road. At least it died humanely and peacefully instead of being a predators snack. Sorry for your loss.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Sorry to hear it was too injured to save. I really don't understand why people do stuff like that. Wildlife is a gift to enjoy, not something for target practice. The animals I have harvested(deer, turkey, and squirrel) were all for sporting purposes and consumed. I must admit, I have ended the lives of several nuisance animals (coons and possums) and killed a coyote once. I would never kill a magnificent animal such as an owl or hawk though. They are way to cool to watch and have around.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Talk about a moron. I wish people like that would use themselves for target practice. I have a barred owl that hangs out around my yard, he is just awesome

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm not a fan of most birds, at all, but I remember seeing some owls when I was little at the park. It was always pretty cool because they'd just hang out and watch everything that was going on and you could sit and watch them until they took off. I'm no tree hugging hippie and I've killed a handful of types of animals but I can't stand when people do stupid crap like that (I've even felt bad about having to kill a pigeon because it was a nuisance). That really sucked because I couldn't use anything more than a pellet gun because it was way too close to a bunch of high dollar horses that were very gun shy.

I'd love to curb stomp morons that shoot an animal just to do it.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I'm not a fan of most birds, at all, but I remember seeing some owls when I was little at the park. It was always pretty cool because they'd just hang out and watch everything that was going on and you could sit and watch them until they took off. I'm no tree hugging hippie and I've killed a handful of types of animals but I can't stand when people do stupid crap like that (I've even felt bad about having to kill a pigeon because it was a nuisance). That really sucked because I couldn't use anything more than a pellet gun because it was way too close to a bunch of high dollar horses that were very gun shy.

I'd love to curb stomp morons that shoot an animal just to do it.

Agreed....When I was little I used to BB gun a lot of birds just for fun. It seems kinda stupid now, but when I was younger my friends and I really thought we were doing something when we'd drop a few starlings.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    some ssabmud(read it backwards) Fudd who can't stand havin competition, most likely.

They are a magnificent bird. I've loved to watch Raptors work since I was a child. I hate seeing the ones along the road that didn't make the take off b4 the truck got 'em. Saw one catch a mouse along I294 in Chicago today. On the grass right by the toll booths.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Nice effort......thanks for going the extra mile for a helpless creature.

I always love watching my owls come in and watch me while I'm hunting. All through season, they are my buddies, and I truly enjoy seeing them, and hope they'll be there to greet me the next season. I always hope to see them when I'm coyote hunting, but it's not as often. :)

Top Bottom