• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josey Wales

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    dont go to fort liberty firearms, so expensive that i almost laughed in their faces. i went to see how much i could get for trade in for my glock 36 and he told me 285$, plainfield said they would give me $375, now how the heck can one gun store varry so much, and they wanted $489 for used glocks, i paid that for my brand new Glock 23, u guys are smart so i wont say any more

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    As far as trade in prices. It all depends on volume. Bob usually gives better prices for Glocks because of the amount of volume he sells. He doesn't have to make as much money per gun to stay in business. The small shops will many times give you a lot less for a weapon. That's why trade in is usually not the best way to get your money from a weapon. Sell it on here and you'll do a lot better.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I hate to say it, but "trading in a gun" is pretty foolish, what with forums where one can sell it and get more. You price it above what the trade in value would be and still come out on top.

Regarding Fort Liberty: The place is jokish now, but unfortunately, they entered the market at a bad time. The economy is "down" and everyone is trying to get money, so they are selling guns. Soon, Ft. Liberty will be flush with em and cant sell them due to high pricing that they currently have being a just opened shop.

On a side note: I was told by apparently the "owner", when fondling a Sterling AR180 they had in, that the US military considered using these but dropped the program. On top of that, he attempted to convince me that the gun had a 1/7 twist (it is 1/12). The gun was in poor condition and over priced by about 200-300 dollars. I reminded him that I was a (VOLUNTEER) range officer at Eagle Creek, knew a thing or two, thanked him for his time and left. Their ammo (even though I reload ALL my stuff now) is WAY overpriced ($7 .223 Wolf, cheap stuff), BUT they claim they will have reloading stuff (but current stuff is VERY limited and they wont order any more "until business picks up"). The operation looks like they spent most of their start up money on glam, but no blam.

All in all, I am not impressed and I personally believe (opinion time) it is a matter before the relatively gentle neighborhood of Avon decides that they dont want a gunshop there and the city planner slowly zones them out of existence at council meetings.

Its nice to have a variety of stores, but this place makes up for lack of items and class, with flashy additions like a popcorn machine and stuff on the walls. It does actually make me sad, though, seriously! The store had lots of potential, but it looked it was opened by an impatient and low effort person.

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Fort Liberty

Mr. McCollough,
    I would like to thank you for your business on August 1st of this year. Your Sig P-6 sold the very same day. I do appreciate every customer that comes in...
    As for your recent comments, I am disappointed that you are unhappy with us. We ARE on the same side of gun owner issues. I can't help but to take your comments personally. Apparently you have been very offended by myself or someone in my store and for that I am sorry.
    I am doing my best to run this store the best way I know how. Obviously, I cannot make everyone happy every time. As for the store, we were just trying to create a different environment than most shops I've been in. I know that is not what really matters to die hard buyers and sellers, so I am trying to be fair. I just can't buy every gun or stock every item.
    In the future, if you feel compelled to leave comments about our store that are negative, I would only encourage you to discuss your issue directly with me. I want to be a store that people speak highly of and want to build a reputation in this town. It is very difficult (and risky) in this economy to do what we've done.
    Again, I appreciate your business and the support of the Indiana Gun Owners.
    Thank You,
    Scott Daugherty
    Owner, Fort Liberty Firearms

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I do want to extend my apologies to the owner of the store. It is a nice store, but needs some time to build up it's supplies and customer base. My comments are disparaging to them. To all: If their aforementioned post is anything, they are good people. Feel confident in doing business with them. My comments are only that of a shopper who has had one bad experience at their store, but due to only my volition. Overall, it is a good store, and time will allow it to become a flourishing Avon business.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I've been down to their shop (I work just a mile down the road) a few times and bought ammo and a Fobus holster from them. The ammo was about a dollar higher than Wally World and the holster was the price that I expected it to be. I'd like to see more guns, but it's hard to start a buisness and have a huge inventory.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If don't like what they are tell them face to face. If you like what they are and what they do tell others. Try opening any business and competing. It ain't that easy. I bought a small safe in there. I was satisfied.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My buddy and I were in there on Saturday. The store's worth a look in my opinion. Nice folks working, too.

AND there's an INGLIS HIPOWER with holster stock for sale...

-J-

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Thanks guys

New subject...
    I get tons of people looking for a place to shoot AND training classes. Vern, you can post information about your range and upcoming events on my bulletin board if you want. Other than Eagle Creek, where should I send people? I usually just go to Martinsville to a friend's house.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Thanks guys

New subject...
    I get tons of people looking for a place to shoot AND training classes. Vern, you can post information about your range and upcoming events on my bulletin board if you want. Other than Eagle Creek, where should I send people? I usually just go to Martinsville to a friend's house.

Marion County Fish and Game is pretty close to your shop.

Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana

Restrictions on rifles and class III can be found under:

Ground rules of the Marion County Fish

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks guys

New subject...

Regarding shooting ranges... Marion County Fish & Game is in Speedway and has several special event shoots that are open to the public, like Friday Night Steel and Bowling pins. There are also some hand-gun training offered from time-to-time, mainly to get your Utah concealed carry permit (Utah because it's recognized in a lot of other states). For more info see:
    Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana

DCC-RSO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks guys

New subject...
    DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE DANVILLE CONSERVATION CLUB. IT IS A PRIVATE SHOOTING RANGE. $60 A YEAR TO JOIN.(PLUS A 1 TIME FEE OF $25) WE HAVE FOUR SHOOTING STATIONS, 50 AND 100 YARD RIFLE RANGE, TWO PISTOL @ 25FT AND 50FT, PLUS 40,60 77 AND 100 METER SMALLBORE + A LAKE FOR FISHING AND MEMBERS CAN RENT THE CLUBHOUSE FOR $40 A DAY. $70 FOR NON MEMBERS. WE ALSO OFFER NRA FIRST STEPS TRAINING CLASSES FOR HANDGUN AND RIFLE. EACH CLASS IS 9 HOURS WITH FOUR OF THOSE BEING RANGE TIME. WE HAVE FIVE NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS INCLUDING MYSELF AND WE ONLY CHARGE $25 A PERSON. APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITES DanvilleConservationClub.ORG or DCCSAFETY.COM. WE ALSO HOLD NRA SMALLBORE SILHOUETTE MATCHES THE LAST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH. PRACTICE STARTS AT 9:00 MATCH AT 10:00. HUNTER CLASS AND SILHOUETTE CLASS $10 PER. I AM GLAD TO SEE ANOTHER GUN SHOP IN THE AREA AND I WILL STOP IN AND INTRODUCE MYSELF AND DROP OFF SOME APPLICATIONS TO PASS OUT IF IT IS OK. WE HOLD A MEETING THE SECOND WEDNESDAY OF EACH MONTH (6:30) AND USUALLY VOTE IN NEW MEMBERS AT THAT TIME. WELCOME TO ANYONE, LOCATED AT 855 SYCAMORE LANE. IN DANVILLE.

Last edited:

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I did go into the store to ask a question. I really didn't check prices because I wasn't really in there to buy. But I can say as far as being friendly and informative I give them a A+.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Thanks guys

New subject...

Danville Conservation Club

We have begun this year to offer NRA Basic Pistol and Rifle (five of the club members went and got NRA certified, some of us also have RSO) but due to our slow-fire rule, training doesn't get "tactical".

I did visit your store last time I was in town, everyone "behind the counter" was very pleasant. I wish you good success.

Our monthly meeting is tomorrow (10-8-08) at 6:30pm. Feel free to stop by and join us/take a look around.

edit: looks like Jon beat me to the punch, post #13.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I think the staff at Fort Liberty Firearms are great.

I've mainly dealt with Mike and Lisa, but they are super friendly people.

They have me as a customer for life.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I will always GLADLY pay a little more to support the little man. I hate thinking that I can buy ammo 3 isles down from the tampons.

Give big box retailers the boot and support the little man.

Last edited:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I have shopped there and will continue to shop there. Everyone I have met there is extremly friendly. As for prices, sure some are higher and some are lower. Go to PSS, Bradis or anywhere else and you will see the same thing.

There is no store that will hae the best prices all around.

I bought a colt 1911 from then NIB that I could have turned around and sold online for $500 more!!

The way I see it, I can go there, get a cup of coffee and leave not smelling like smoke...

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I have purchased two rifles from them over the past couple of months. They dealt with me in a most professional manner and I left, both times, satisfied that I had got what I wanted in price and gun.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Scott, don't forget about sending people near Morgan County to the Martinsville shooting club. $75 a year for a family until kids are 18 then they are on their own. Firefighters, cops and Military are not subject to the cap they have on club capacity even if they are full to the general public. It is a little past the KFC on the left.

Martinsville Conservation Club

Top Bottom