• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow. I feel so sorry for this poor guy. He had to hide who he was for ages and, only now, gets to actually be who he is. Hopefully, this will be a wakeup call for the republicrats and they'll get on the right side of the issues it raises. The poor guy has a ton of regrets and, I gather he wants to make up for things he failed to do in the past. Good for him.

Bush Campaign Chief and Former RNC Chair Ken Mehlman: I'm Gay - Politics - The Atlantic

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Why is this a republicrats only issue?

Pretty sure there was that don't ask don't tell going on under clinton and bam too, right?

Maybe everyone should get on the right side of the issue.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Why do I care how someone likes to have sex?

Why can't we have stories about "So and so comes out as being an "on the bottom" guy." Or, former aid proudly comes out as liking to have his ass spanked during sex. What if I decided to label myself as an "oralsexual" could I get special treatment too?

I'm pretty sure my employer doesn't care how I have sex, I don't see how it's any different for government types or celebrities or anyone else.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    who cares who people have sex with, as long as its not kids or my wife, then you shall remain alive.

just sex it up behind closed doors. or for the goat f****rs in the middle east behind the barn doors.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I started to read this article when I saw it this morning, then said to myself "Nah". I think it's a shame he's decided to bail on his family (my impression from the first line I read) so he can pursue his own selfish pleasures. He must be a celebrity, though, because those folks are the only ones who can figure they'll be applauded for "coming out" in public. How brave he is.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Doesn't matter to me one bit that he is gay.

I can understand his reluctance to come out over the years with some of the obvious homophobia that exists.

I hope someday no one will care what people do in their private time... as long as it doesn't harm others.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I started to read this article when I saw it this morning, then said to myself "Nah". I think it's a shame he's decided to bail on his family (my impression from the first line I read) so he can pursue his own selfish pleasures. He must be a celebrity, though, because those folks are the only ones who can figure they'll be applauded for "coming out" in public. How brave he is.
    That's the problem. You didn't read it. He didn't have a family to "bail" on. He's never married and has always been a closeted gay male republican. Maybe you could read it and have an actual informed opinion.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    That's the problem. You didn't read it. He didn't have a family to "bail" on. He's never married and has always been a closeted gay male republican. Maybe you could read it and have an actual informed opinion.

You are quite correct. I thought I'd seen something about his wife and family, but apparently I was wrong.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I agree. Unfortunately, the republicrats have made a habit of caring what folks do behind closed doors. Shoot, they've even campaigned on it.

Very few have campaigned on that in recent years. In yesteryear, both parties have criminalized homosexual behavior.

I favor civil unions for all consenting adults who want them. Being against gay marriage, however, doesn't mean someone wants to regulate what folks do behind closed doors. Reasonable people can disagree, however, with gay marriage.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Why is this a republicrats only issue?

Pretty sure there was that don't ask don't tell going on under clinton and bam too, right?

Maybe everyone should get on the right side of the issue.

Republicrats = democrats and republicans.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    How unfortunate that INGO has adopted rules that allow one sided discussions like this to take place, and allow those who disagree to be painted as narrow minded bigots without being able to respond with the background that forms their moral philosophies.

Nevertheless, I will say that I feel the individual has made an immoral choice. It's unfortunate, but all fall short.

Top Bottom