• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    About to jump in finally and fill out my first Form 1 (SBR).

Question on the passport photo required... Does it have to be an actual photo, on photo paper, or can I print out a color photo in the required format on normal paper and affix it?

Hate to get tripped up or delayed on something silly like that.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Doesn't matter, I just have a friend take a picture with my phone and print it out and tape it on using plain paper.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Forget the photo and the fingerprints and do a n NFA Trust. It will save you hassle now and major headache later. It's fast and simple to do.

Well, I've thought about it, but had this lower already engraved a while back before I considered a trust. If I do any more, I'll set up a trust first before any engraving is done.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, I've thought about it, but had this lower already engraved a while back before I considered a trust. If I do any more, I'll set up a trust first before any engraving is done.

Well, assuming you engraved FirstName LastName, you could name your trust FirstName LastName Trust and just add the word Trust to the engraving.

I did several NFA purchases before I got my trust and I really regret not doing a trust from the beginning, since it will cost me $1000 to move my early purchases over. So, if you are just starting, I think it is well worth adding an extra word to the engraving to avoid that problem to start with.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Does the word Trust have to be in the name? It is in mine but wasn't sure if it had to be. If not then create the trust with whatever you had engraved.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Does the word Trust have to be in the name? It is in mine but wasn't sure if it had to be. If not then create the trust with whatever you had engraved.

Good question. I don't know. I tried a quick google search and I didn't find that question addressed (doesn't mean it isn't out there, just that I didn't find after a couple of minutes).

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Yes, it does. You will have to use "trust" in the name of your trust, and exactly what is in the name of applicant box on your Form 1 is what is required to be engraved on your firearm.

AboveTheBest

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Bloomington
    About to jump in finally and fill out my first Form 1 (SBR).

Question on the passport photo required... Does it have to be an actual photo, on photo paper, or can I print out a color photo in the required format on normal paper and affix it?

Hate to get tripped up or delayed on something silly like that.

I digitally attached an official photo of myself from the chest up, and then printed the Form-1 in color.

Top Bottom