• ...and so much more!
  • Crash7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2020
    IN
    Help!

I bought my daughter a 2015 Ford Fiesta. We synced up her iPhone XR. So far so good. If we initial a call directly from the phone, 2-way talking works fine. Same calling her.

She tried to use the hands-free way to dial. Pushed the little face-speaking icon button on steering wheel. Car said, “say a command”. Spoke one. Nothing. It was as if it could hear us.

Went back and simply initiated a call directly from phone. We could hear them talking to us, but they couldn’t hear us speak. It was as if the car mic wasn’t working.

I pulled the fuse for the radio, put it back and 2-way calls initiated from phone work. As soon as we try the hands-free thing, mic dies again. Pulling/resetting the fuse gets us back again.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Help!

I bought my daughter a 2015 Ford Fiesta. We synced up her iPhone XR. So far so good. If we initial a call directly from the phone, 2-way talking works fine. Same calling her.

She tried to use the hands-free way to dial. Pushed the little face-speaking icon button on steering wheel. Car said, “say a command”. Spoke one. Nothing. It was as if it could hear us.

Went back and simply initiated a call directly from phone. We could hear them talking to us, but they couldn’t hear us speak. It was as if the car mic wasn’t working.

I pulled the fuse for the radio, put it back and 2-way calls initiated from phone work. As soon as we try the hands-free thing, mic dies again. Pulling/resetting the fuse gets us back again.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check if there are firmware updates for the audio system. I had similar issues with a Kenwood system I installed in my sonata.. turned out a firmware update resolved the issue.. no promise thats what it is but its a relatively easy and inexpensive thing to eliminate.. also I'm not sure of the steps of updating proprietary systems like that, it may be something only ford or someone with correct equipment can do. Flakey firmware can be fine one minute and act up the next or may be fine at first and not rear its ugly head till later:) good luck

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom