• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The only people who would get this, of any and all political persuasions, tend to hang in here.

I grew up in a SAC Warrior home. My Dad served from 49 to 79, he floated on ice islands, trekked across the arctic, was on the ground in Korea, in the air in Vietnam, was involved in nuke tests, the B52, F-111 and B1 programs, flew on Looking Glass, was part of the SAC team that developed their nuclear readiness doctrines with LeMay. He had over 2000 hours alone in B52's.

So I readily admit that my youth and the people in it looked a lot like the movie Dr. Strangelove and historically speaking, I heard and saw a lot of interesting stuff.

BUT that is why I often shake my head now in disbelief when things like what is shown in the last paragraph of page 1 in the link below happen.......flying around with nukes you didn't even know were in the bomber. I thought it was with a B1 or maybe it happened more than once, but I kind of doubt that. I was looking for info to share with a friend on this incident when I found this item.

SAC is only one example, but preparation, readiness, professionalism and a willingness to fight but a desire to prevent conflict worked as a package. In the last 20 years we see SAC, the FBI, CIA and others just degraded all to hell. We already know our Government and Society are as well.

Now we have a President who thinks he is a Death Dealer with a deck of cards and a fleet of drones. My Dad was still around when the Gulf war started in early 91, and his exact words were "They have no clue how many people they are killing with those B-52's." Of course he knew and later we dug up all those dead bodies in Iraq, proving him right. The Man killed a lot of people, helped develop technologies that could kill even more, was willing to kill, thought being a peace time solider was boring as hell BUT he had no desire to kill.

For those who don't want a history lesson, just read this below. This kind of **** was never OK, not ever. You didn't even misplace a wrench. Now half the country does not work or pay taxes and thinks that is fair, because that is what we have been teaching them for the past 40 years.

So they can remake Red Dawn in Detroit or any other damn place, but is it even plausible to think any of the fighters will be younger than 50 and not using walkers? I am NOT counting the young guys who hang out in forums like this, but I truly wonder if there is really enough of them?

"AFGSC was activated on August 7, 2009, in conjunction with an overarching effort to reinvigorate the nuclear enterprise after the inadvertent transfer of nuclear weapons by means of a B-52 aircraft in 2007, and an accidental shipment of nuclear weapon components to Taiwan discovered in 2008."

Info came from here
    http://www.dodig.mil/Ir/reports/DODIG-2012-113.pdf

A little more on LeMay for anyone who might want to read it.
    General Curtis LeMay - Biography of General Curtis Lemay US Air Force

Top Bottom