For sale section. Can't reply to post with 50 posts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Sorry guys/girls. I'm a little new to this forum and have been creeping around a bit in the for sale section. A gun popped up that I was interested in but when I tried to post a question it told me I needed to have 50 posts before I could leave a msg?? I reviewed the forum rules and could not find anything about this. Am I simply doing something wrong?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Welcome aboard. Yes, you need to accumulate 50 posts before posting in the for sale section. Get involved in a few discussions, there are many going on around here, there's bound to be more than a few that interest you. Greet other new members in the introductions forum. It's a great website. I learn something new here every day. It doesn't take long at all to get 50 posts.

And...

:welcome: to :ingo: from Munster!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You must have 50 quality posts (not one liners) to participate in the classifieds. The classified section exists for members to use not as a stand alone entity.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Or, if the gun is something that you can't live without, you can pony up the $15 and become a Site Supporter. That does away with the 50 post requirement.

But, even then you may not be able to do anything. Many of the long time members will not deal with newbies, we want to see a track record of who you are first.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sorry guys/girls. I'm a little new to this forum and have been creeping around a bit in the for sale section. A gun popped up that I was interested in but when I tried to post a question it told me I needed to have 50 posts before I could leave a msg?? I reviewed the forum rules and could not find anything about this. Am I simply doing something wrong?

Welcome to INGO! Also, are you SURE you read the forum rules? The part about the Classifieds is very very prominent.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County

:ugh:

Anyway Glad to have you!
    Welcome to :ingo: from Howard County!

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Welcome to INGO.. i thought 50 would take forever , now i am approaching 1000...Become a site supporter ! :ar15:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Come on over to the NWI INGO general discussion thread.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/330938-nwi-ingo-general-post-part-8-a.html
    Go ahead to the last page. It's just us up here in NWI discussing things.

If you post "yup" or "I agree" or stuff like that, the mods don't consider it a "quality post".
    So come on over, and chat.

There's plenty of variety on INGO, there should be something worth commenting on.
    Heck, go into the political section. There's conversations there.........
    Just make sure to remember, with over 30k members, we have all types here.
    So don't get bent outta shape when someone "doesn't understand".
    Things said here don't affect your job or home, so let it roll off you if someone rubs you the wrong way.

elma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2014
    IN
    Just to add to the discussion, I have a suggestion to offer. As a previous member (who forgot his username and apparently I don't even use the same email account anymore) the 50 post requirement is somewhat frustrating. I have started revisiting the forums that I use to frequent and often don't go through the effort of posting a set number of times until I can post in the classifieds or PM members. For example, just today I stumbled upon a member selling an item I was interested in. I read the rules and knew I couldn't respond to the thread so I tried to PM him. (Must have missed that part.) So basically I'm stuck without being able to contact this member and he or she will be out of a sale. My suggestion is to make a limited number of PMs available to new members ? Say 5 or10 , just to be able to exchange contact info with that individual. I believe this would also help to prevent new members trying to post 50 quick poor quality posts.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just to add to the discussion, I have a suggestion to offer. As a previous member (who forgot his username and apparently don't use the same email account anymore) the 50 post requirement is somewhat frustrating. I have started revisiting the forums that I use to frequent and often don't go through the effort of posting a set number of times until I can post in the classifieds or PM members. For example, just today I stumbled upon a member selling an item I was interested in. I read the rules and knew I couldn't respond to the thread so I tried to PM him. (Must have missed that part.) So basically I'm stuck without being able to contact this member and he or she will be out of a sale. My suggestion is to make a limited number of PMs available to new members ? Say 5-10 or so, just to be able to exchange contact info with that individual. And this would avoid new members trying to post 50 quick poor quality posts.
    This isn't a classified site, folks. It is a forum, that happens to have classified ads. Join and participate, or become a site supporter.

Besides, I doubt that member is "out of a sale". It'll still sell w/o any problems.

Top Bottom