• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have been searching for a compact, single stack 9mm. So far I have looked at a Taurus 709 slim, Taurus millennium, and Kel-Tec PF9. As of now the millennium has felt the best in my hands. Today I was at Acme Sports buying some ammo. They had two SR9 compacts sitting on their pistol case. I have never been a fan of Ruger pistols, but I must confess. The SR9 felt really good in my hands. They had $429 on both the blued, and stainless model. So when I have the funds, I think I'm going to drink the Ruger koolaid.

If any of you own, or have experience with them please let me know your thoughts.

jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    one of my friends owns the full size sr9 i wasn't as impressed with it as i was with my xdm but then again it was quite a bit cheaper. overall it shot well..... the slide didn't feel as tight as my xdm or my m&p but still seemed like a pretty good pistol... this was the full size one though btw

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    My SR9c is very nice. It's a good choice. The Taurus 709 is also a very good carry but the SR9c fits my hand better and has, in my humble opinion, a better trigger. You can't go wrong with either choice. Saying that.... I have yet to find any pistol that I like better than my XD.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My SR9c is very nice. It's a good choice. The Taurus 709 is also a very good carry but the SR9c fits my hand better and has, in my humble opinion, a better trigger. You can't go wrong with either choice. Saying that.... I have yet to find any pistol that I like better than my XD.

I have an Xd, and love it. It's my daily carry. Once my holster gets here, I'm switching to my FN. Once I get a compact, that will be my daily summer carry gun. The weight does not bother me anymore, but still get tired of packing around a full size pistol all of the time.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Every time I shoot mine, I love it that much more. It's actually more accurate than my full-size which is why I'm dumping the full-size and eventually going to get another full-size SR9 somewhere down the road. I say this because they have made the design changes (improvements/upgrades) to the "new gen" SR9's that were introduced in the SR9c. I'd definitely recommend it!! Mine's been flawless. The previous post about a better trigger on the compact is true. They have supposedly put it in full-size now, but it is better than the older SR9s. I don't think you'll regret it. Price might be a touch high, but if that's your shop or there's nowhere else around, I wouldn't hesitate. Still worth it to me.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Thanks for the link, Hickman. Starting in July, I'm working with Michael Bane of Downrange.TV producing a series called "The Quest for Master Class" - the goal is to use common carry guns and gear to achieve master class qualifications in all 5 of IDPA's divisions. July will be the start of the challenge with the Ruger SR9c being used to hit Master Class in Stock Service Pistol and Enhanced Service Pistol. Watch my blog at Gun Nuts Media and DOWN RANGE TELEVISION with Michael Bane - DOWN RANGE TV - DRTV as we get closer to July for more updates!

Top Bottom