• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    After seeing the FNX 9 listed here on INGO I've become, well, infatuated with Getting one. I need someone to talk some sense into me (other than my wife) and give me a reason that its not needed and would be a total turd to shoot.

Seriously though, anyone have experience with them? The good and the bad!

20130116_230513.jpg

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I don't know if there are variants, but the one I handled had a decocker and it was kind of annoying. I couldn't ride it like on a 1911 or BHP or it would keep decocking.

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    I can't personally speak for the 9 but I love my FNX.45. I plan on getting a 9 in the future

hokie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I just got one last week, but haven't put any rounds through it yet. Handling it seems nice! The youtube video reviews seem pretty spot on with what is good and what is bad. Personally I'm not too worried about how it looks as long as it shoots well, which all indications seem to say it does.

People have a problem with the fitment of the backstraps and the horizontal movement of the slide

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    The FN series may be the best pistol you could ever purchase. I have an FN in 9mm and wouldnt sell it for anything. Probably one of the best guns I have ever owned.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had an FNX-9. I traded it for a S&W M&P which in turn got traded for a Glock 19.

Did I mention I started this whole roundabout by trading a Glock for the FNX?

I made the loop and came back to Glock and thats were I plan to stay now.

The FNX was FAT and felt akward in my hand, even with the smallest backstrap. I had a very hard time finding extras and accesories for it (though that may have changed by now). I just couldnt get used to it.

I did like the carry condition options it gave. Cocked and locked or DA/SA locked and unlocked. It was a good nightstand gun because of that. It was very accurate inspite of feeling akward, and it was totally reliable.

I just couldnt find a good holster and I didnt like the feel. So back to Glock for me.

If it fits you and you like it go for it.

MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    I have the FNX-9 and Love it! I have large hands and finding a pistol to fit was not easy. I did take the time to shoot as many as I could and kept coming back to the FN.
    I really think it shoot way better than my ability. But then practice makes perfect.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I may take you up on that offer hokie.

I'm glad I asked about this prior to buying. For a bigger guy (round not tall) I have what i think are small hands, so getting my hand on one personally is going to be best. Maybe they're not small but rather just full of jelly?

hokie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I may take you up on that offer hokie.

I'm glad I asked about this prior to buying. For a bigger guy (round not tall) I have what i think are small hands, so getting my hand on one personally is going to be best. Maybe they're not small but rather just full of jelly?

definitely. I noticed the fat backstrap on it felt a little large for me, but when I put the thinner one on it it changed completely. I'll need to shoot it a bit to find out which one I like better, but at least it takes all of 3 seconds to switch them out with a paperclip

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a FNP-9 and have fired an FNX. Not sure about the FNX, but the mag springs for the FNP are junk. The pistol itself has been flawless. FNH customer service has been horrible.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I have the FNP and love it. I like the safety on it better than the one on the FNX. I also plan on getting a FNX .45 tactical one of these days.

Mac-1917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    1. Fits my hand nicely, but if I take an aggressive grip with my strong side thumb. It will hit the safety and take it to safe.
    2. I hate ambi mag release for a concealed carry. Summer special holster I have had no issues but with a paddle fobus I have had the mag release hit a few times. Would have to gunsmith the ambi mag release, because you can't find a non - ambi mag release.
    3. Finding accessories is a pain and expensive.

It is a nice firearm for the range and if you were carrying a duty type holster. For an EDC it get's an F. There are many other pistols on the market currently that out perform the FNX as a duty weapon and EDC for one or two bills lower in price (pre-Sandyhook).

I won't sell or trade it but no matter how good it feels in my hands after having discovered 2 possible failures that are design issues it won't be my EDC.

Also the FNS series is out as well right now.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I'm starting to think my love for this gun is like a candle in the wind on a windy day... flickering out quickly.

Top Bottom