• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Anybody have experience with the FNS 9 and/or FNS 9c? I was comparing it to a Glock 26 (my EDC) and the size is almost identical, but it holds 2 more rounds in the flush magazine, has better sights, slightly better trigger feel (I think), nice slide milling and serrations, grip, etc.

I currently have a Glock 19 and 26 combo which I'll keep. In 5 or 6 years of CC'ing, I've never really given another brand a chance. I like the look and price of the FN's, but then I got to thinking about the HK VP9 and the smaller P30SK...

One side note, I saw a Youtube video of a guy saying he went to his LGS looking for a FNS9 and the guy at the counter kept pushing an XDS on him. The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I was looking at an FNS9c and the guy clearly did not want to talk about the FN, but strongly pushed for the XDS 9mm.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I reeeeeeeaalllly want to like the FNS 9, but I just can't shoot them for crap. I love the way they look and feel in my hand, but I just can't get as tight of a group out of them as I can with other guns. Even glocks, and I hate the way glocks feel in my hand. Go figure.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am using the FNS9 as EDC. I started with a G26, moved to Taurus 24/7 gen 1 and gen 2. The FNS9's trigger is superior to them all. It holds 17+1. It comes with good night sights, which are set low from the factory and requires some time on the range to master. Ergonomically it is superior to the G26. It uses the same grip angle as the Taurus, which is more natural to me than the G26.

The FNS9 is superior to the G26 and 19, and both generations of the 24/7. My only concern with the FNS9 is that I have on two occasions hit the mag release inadvertently. It needs to ride higher in the holster and have more clearance between it and the body than the others I have carried.

MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    I don't have the 9c but the FNX9. My opinion is the you won't go wrong. Oh and I will be adding one myself soon.

Top Bottom