• hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I've never had one....that I know of.*

No huge reason why, just never have.

*Uncle Sam gave a lot of shots. If they told me what all of them were, I don't remember.

I heard a rumor that use pneumatic injectors built inside the Dyson air blade hand dryers. Do you ever use those?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. Got mine and it was painful this time. She literally landed the needle next to a nerve. Every time she pushed the plunger it hurt like hell. More than any other injection ever. (except Lidocane that burns like hell until it kicks in)

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Have not had one in 25+ years. I'm 61 and thinking about getting the shingles immunization. Our oldest son and DIL are about 7 weeks out from their first baby. They want my wife youngest son and I to get the tdap immunization. Anyone get the shingles immunization and have any story to relate to it.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I got one this year while I was in for the mold I inhaled while power washing a house.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I got one this year and generally do. Last year I skipped out, caught the flu from my kids and was miserable for way too long.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll stick to hand-washing, hand sanitizer, and generally avoiding people. Seems to be pretty effective against more than just the flu.

I've never had one....that I know of.*

No huge reason why, just never have.

Pretty much the same for me. Never had one, but wash the hands regularly, and stay away from people where I can. Plus my kids are older now, so not necessarily the walking Petri dishes they used to be.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So far I have forgotten to get mine each time I've had an opportunity, but it's not too late. Maybe I'll get it done this weekend.

And, this topic just gave me autism.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    2 kids in elementary school and 1 in daycare. No amount of shots can stop it. We usually get it all, twice. On our second round of stomach flu now. A lysol bomb is gonna be dropped soon.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    2 kids in elementary school and 1 in daycare. No amount of shots can stop it. We usually get it all, twice. On our second round of stomach flu now. A lysol bomb is gonna be dropped soon.

That's not influenza.

When I read or hear discussions of flu, I suspect that at least some of the people involved have never had an actual influenza infection. If you have a healthy immune system, the symptoms are beyond what someone who has never had the flu would understand. It's not like a cold or a little gastrointestinal distress.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    That's not influenza.

When I read or hear discussions of flu, I suspect that at least some of the people involved have never had an actual influenza infection. If you have a healthy immune system, the symptoms are beyond what someone who has never had the flu would understand. It's not like a cold or a little gastrointestinal distress.

The truest statement I've read so far....

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Last year, a day or two after getting my mandatory vaccine, I had severe jaw pain which lasted several days. Never had it before, never had it since.

This year, in the two weeks since getting my vaccine, I've been battling a stubborn cold. No, it isn't the flu, but it's the "body's normal immune response" to the vaccine.

Using the CDC's numbers, most flu vaccines are 40-60% effective. Typically, 1.5% of the people who get the flu will need to be hospitalized (not sure of the definition), and 0.1% will die (if I did my decimals correctly). Tamiflu isn't worth the box it comes in, either.

Top Bottom