• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I remember reading about a woman that had been carjacked, and kidnapped. The BG her driving. The woman flashed her lights at passing patrol car, and the officer ended up pulling over the car and saving the woman.

So, if I'm "flashed," I always pull over the person, just in case.

There was a cop driving around with his cherries and berries going off and seemed pretty clueless to the fact. He stopped at an intersection and I had already pulled over. I motioned to the top of my own car to signal that his lights were on and he circled around behind me.

I waited for him to pull up and I hollared out of my window that his lights were still on, he thanked me, shut them off and went on his way.

Seems prudent to me to make a "contact" if someone is trying to get your attention in a patrol car because you really have no idea what they are wanting to tell you.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Nice! My grandpa was a truck driver. He never told me any stories like that.
    (but then again, he was Deacon too)

You hear such stories, but I have seen only two less than decent displays on the highway. As a teenager, I was riding with my dad (who is also a truck driver) when we passed a car driven by a woman, well, apparently intent on not having tan lines above the waist and about five years ago, I couldn't see anything but could tell what 'services' the man driving the car was receiving from his GF/wife/mistress/whatever she was. Had I been a meaner person than I am, I may have used the air horns!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This thread practically begs for this picture!

cops-hide.jpg

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've been fortunate enough to have never had a speeding ticket. Or any ticket for that matter. Why? Because I don't speed!! It's really not that difficult. I've been pulled over for various things a couple of times but never received a ticket. That being said I generally don't warn other motorists about a speed trap. Not because I'm trying to be a jerk or anything. Mostly because I don't speed so I don't notice the cop sitting off the side of the road tagging people. Also because I don't feel like it's my responsibility to let them know they need to obey the posted speed limit. I don't always agree with the speed limit, but I'm smart enough to know that if I don't want to pay money I can't afford I'd better not speed.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I used to drive 10 over the speed limit everywhere in Columbus for many years, good thing I eventually slowed down after I got married and had kids. I got pulled over twice for speeding out towards ceraland, but I was going 11 and 16 over the speed limit, so much for not paying attention to speed signs. I got the same cop twice for my speeding ticket...

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I don't see why anyone should be prosecuted for this anywhere. After all the publicly stated reason for speed traps is to enhance public safety. When you flash your lights at an oncoming motorist to warn of a speed trap they tend to slow down. Flashing your lights is actually a public service and an aid to LE. Right?

Top Bottom