• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, so I mentioned this idea yesterday and decided to throw this out there. THIS Friday and Saturday, I challenge ALL of you to bring your flag to an Overpass of a major Hiway or Interstate from 5:30pm until your arms fall off! American Flag, Gadsden Flag, Old Glory, Armed Forces/POW/MIA flags, any patriotic flag you have or can find. Find your overpass, park in a safe spot and stand in the middle of the bridge and wave your flag! Bring your video camera to record what you will. Passers by, cars honking, law enforcement encounters(which I highly doubt you will have except maybe a handshake and a pat on the back), any encounter with anti-American evil doers(read: obamazombies), etc.

If you WANT to bring a sign, which I would prefer you not do while standing on a bridge waving a flag, make sure the sign is tasteful and not disrespectful. If you do bring a sign, please have a second person hold it. I would feel HORRIBLE if someone were to fall over with this being my idea and all.

So what say you?

This Friday and Saturday, 5:30pm, every overpass over every major hiway and interstate. Stay until your arms fall off! At least one person to a bridge, please, no more than 2 flags, 2 signs per bridge. The more area we cover, the more attentive people will become.

EDIT: I originally said Just Friday, but added Saturday as more people would be able to do this.

UPDATE: The Indy Defenders of Liberty, Chicks on the Right, and a few other groups are jumping on this idea and it seems they are going a step further. It was discussed and agreed, that we'd do this every Second and Fourth friday of every month. They started calling it "Flag Friday", although I'm not sure if it will stick.

I don't expect people to stay longer than a half an hour waving a flag. In the 40 minutes I was there my arms and hands started hurting, but I plan to stay for an hour tomorrow.

I would really like to see this made into a regular thing from the folks on here, but I understand if you'd rather not or can't. Regardless, I like the second and fourth Friday idea and will be doing so on my own if need be. Once I get my American Flag mounted I will have both to fly by myself.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Might want to stand at the railing instead, or your demonstration will be very short-lived... :):

Good luck to anyone who participates; let us know how it goes!

:lmfao: You know you make a good point... I figured, you know, common sense... :lmfao:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I'm calling about a babysitter now. Will not be taking my child with me on a major Highway. NOW, I could take her with me on side roads....BUT NOT a major highway.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm calling about a babysitter now. Will not be taking my child with me on a major Highway. NOW, I could take her with me on side roads....BUT NOT a major highway.

I stood on a back Country road that NO ONE ever travels. I saw one car and a bicycle in the 40 minutes I stood there. That may be an option for you if you can find a Country road that crosses over an Interstate or main hiway.

No one should stand ON a major road. If the bridge doesn't have a safe place to stand, use your head and check the next road. If there are no overpasses where you live, find a street corner or some intersection of a main road in a safe area to wave your flag.

Last edited by a moderator:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I stood on a back Country road that NO ONE ever travels. I saw one car and a bicycle in the 40 minutes I stood there. That may be an option for you if you can find a Country road that crosses over an Interstate or main hiway.

No one should stand ON a major road. If the bridge doesn't have a safe place to stand, use your head and check the next road. If there are no overpasses where you live, find a street corner or some intersection of a main road in a safe area to wave your flag.

Oh God. I just realized I misspelled the title of the thread....

:facepalm:

Naw, it was Correct

Flag Waiver

I promise NOT to sue Savage Eagle,
    If I get ran over or Fall off of a Bridge
    While waving My Flag

sign here: :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Seriously guys, I'd really like to do this. It would have had better effect on July 4th, but.... Either way this would be something awesome and I really hope people will join in with me. I will stand where I did yesterday and I hope others will line I70's overpasses!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I have other plan sorry. I will have to hire out my waving job to day laborers from Home Depot parking lot. :)
    I'm not sure it would have the desired effect... (Notice what the child is sitting on) :xmad:

sittingonflag.jpg

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009

LMAO...I didn't read the word "Overpass" in your first post. I was wondering why it would be a good idea to stand ON the interstate. LMAO. I laughed so hard when I read this, My husband thinks I'm crazy!

Thanks for clearing that up:laugh:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LMAO...I didn't read the word "Overpass" in your first post. I was wondering why it would be a good idea to stand ON the interstate. LMAO. I laughed so hard when I read this, My husband thinks I'm crazy!

Thanks for clearing that up:laugh:

:thumbsup: :lmfao:

I think it WOULD be illegal to stand on the interstate.... Hiways, not so much....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm seriously STILL laughing at this.

Way to NOT send your friends/peers into on comming traffic! We appreciate it! :D

OOOOOO You gave me a good idea! Send the obamazombies a little note telling them what we're doing, but leave out the over-pass part.... Maybe they'll all file out onto the interstates.... :D

Top Bottom