• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ok, so I've been following the thread. I really really want to do this, but there is just absolutely no way I can do it this weekend.

But I had to post, because on the topic of flags, I really love the Navy flags that are Red and White stripes with the Gadsden snake across them! I'm not sure if I can find one of those somewhere though.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, so I've been following the thread. I really really want to do this, but there is just absolutely no way I can do it this weekend.

But I had to post, because on the topic of flags, I really love the Navy flags that are Red and White stripes with the Gadsden snake across them! I'm not sure if I can find one of those somewhere though.

If worse comes to worse, print two out on some good poster paper and glue them together and stick that on a pole... :D

I like those too, but I like the yellow background best myself. I have one of the Gadsden posters I bought from Fenway at the 1500 in my back window! Not like I ever use my rearview mirror anyway. That's what side windows are for! :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I really love the Navy flags that are Red and White stripes with the Gadsden snake across them!

That would be the Navy Jack.
    250px-Naval_Jack_of_the_United_States.svg.png

First Navy Jack: Don't Tread on Me

And did you know?
    By an instruction dated 31 May 2002 (SECNAV Instruction 10520.6), the Secretary of the Navy directed the use of the rattlesnake jack in place of the union jack for the duration of the Global War on Terrorism.
    451px-Rasing_the_First_Naval_Jack.JPG

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Why don't we also get an series of wavers organized to stand on consecutive overpasses along some stretches of highway. I know of several lightly used overpasses along I-69 between Anderson and Indy. Also there is a series of brand new overpasses in Carmel along Keystone. There must be more. We could do several locations across the state. it would be much more visible that way than a person on a country reoad, or two on one over pass in Indy and a handful in Fort Wayne, ect.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Why don't we also get an series of wavers organized to stand on consecutive overpasses along some stretches of highway. I know of several lightly used overpasses along I-69 between Anderson and Indy. Also there is a series of brand new overpasses in Carmel along Keystone. There must be more. We could do several locations across the state. it would be much more visible that way than a person on a country reoad, or two on one over pass in Indy and a handful in Fort Wayne, ect.

I'm already trying to decide on which one along I-69 I'm gonna use. Either the one where highway 26 crosses, or 128/332 crosses. They are the two closest to me that's actually an overpass over 69. I've got my american flag just need to go get a gadsen one too, I think I know where I can get one cheap :rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Awesome guys. I hope this turns out good. Anyone who does this, please post that you did so. You don't have to say where, but at least let me know how many people went out and did this...

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

they've got them at a tent sale in Elwood! I just bought one for $6! Its on main st/highway 28 just across from Autozone.

I'll be out tomorrow, hoping to have a friend with me too. With 2 of 3 flags. American flag, the navy jack flag (one mentioned above), or the support our troops flag with the emblem for all the brances pictured on it. :patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    UPDATE: The Indy Defenders of Liberty, Chicks on the Right, and a few other groups are jumping on this idea and it seems they are going a step further. It was discussed and agreed, that we'd do this every Second and Fourth friday of every month. They started calling it "Flag Friday", although I'm not sure if it will stick.

I don't expect people to stay longer than a half an hour waving a flag. In the 40 minutes I was there my arms and hands started hurting, but I plan to stay for an hour tomorrow.

I would really like to see this made into a regular thing from the folks on here, but I understand if you'd rather not or can't. Regardless, I like the second and fourth Friday idea and will be doing so on my own if need be. Once I get my American Flag mounted I will have both to fly by myself.

Maybe I could strap the American flag to me and wave the Gadsden. :D

:patriot:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I saw a woman with a Gadsden flag being "talked to" by the police as I drove under the 96th St. overpass on 69 N. Two cop cars tore by me in traffic and drove the shoulder from 465 to 96th. I thought there was a serious accident or other emergency, but was surprised to see that they were parked the wrong way in traffic at the top of the overpass talking to the woman with the flag.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's messed up. I hope nothing came of it. I sure hope she was being safe, too.

Regardless, I was out tonight too. Got a lot more honks than last time. I stayed until it got dark too. I wonder what was going on with the lady because I had State Troopers honk at me with the :thumbsup: again tonight. So I'm thinking the woman was doing something other than standing there waving a flag.

Top Bottom