• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are nice. I've used them. But I find them horrifically overpriced.

When they first came out they werent priced too bad. A little expensive, but not bad. Just enough for me to say "meh. Maybe I might buy them, but they are a little expensive. Maybe next time."

But now they've doubled in price since they first came out. Maybe its because they were discounting to get their name out there? And its not an inflation issue. I saw them spike before the economy tanked and everything rose 30%.

For me they went from "maybe next time" to "Not a chance".

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    They are nice. I've used them. But I find them horrifically overpriced.

When they first came out they werent priced too bad. A little expensive, but not bad. Just enough for me to say "meh. Maybe I might buy them, but they are a little expensive. Maybe next time."

But now they've doubled in price since they first came out. Maybe its because they were discounting to get their name out there? And its not an inflation issue. I saw them spike before the economy tanked and everything rose 30%.

For me they went from "maybe next time" to "Not a chance".
    Thanks. I can't get past the price.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Is the Fix It Sticks kits worth getting? If so which one did you get?
    Yes....all of them....

They are salty (I would dare say overpriced) but it is a nice set and solved a long standing need of mine for a range tool kit that was not tool box size.

I have the following set more or less...I added a few pieces along with a small hammer and pliers for a range bag setup that will address most minor range issues. I would guess that I have used them more for other people at the range that didn't have tools. :-)

I have a second T-wrench and an AIO Torque Driver that is used at the work bench.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I get why they exist and the convenience of making sure everything is torqued to spec before a match, but I bought the wheeler version because there were some scientific reviews that showed they were a more consistent amount of force. I use mine, but I got by for a lot of my life without them too. Just a "nice to have".

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    fishsticks-south-park.gif

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Yes....all of them....

They are salty (I would dare say overpriced) but it is a nice set and solved a long standing need of mine for a range tool kit that was not tool box size.

I have the following set more or less...I added a few pieces along with a small hammer and pliers for a range bag setup that will address most minor range issues. I would guess that I have used them more for other people at the range that didn't have tools. :-)

I have a second T-wrench and an AIO Torque Driver that is used at the work bench.

I have this same kit. I have added several pieces over time as on their website they sell individual bits. I have added both All-On-One torque bits, the ratcheting T wrench, and more. My next purchase I was looking at was the Extended Action bits.

It is a nice kit to be able to toss in my range bag. I have also used it for other projects in my workbench.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I get why they exist and the convenience of making sure everything is torqued to spec before a match, but I bought the wheeler version because there were some scientific reviews that showed they were a more consistent amount of force. I use mine, but I got by for a lot of my life without them too. Just a "nice to have".
    All of this. Wheeler fat wrenches are more accurate. How much does +/- 5 in/lb at 20? Doesn’t matter too much in reality, but different fix it sticks are more accurate than others. Enough so that I’ll just use the fat wrench at home.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I use the fix-it-stick Torque drivers out of convenience but find the below more consistent than either the fix it or the FAT.

When it matters....this is what I use.

agn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2024
    Franklin Co
    The kits are nice and convenient. If you install optics, sights, or grips a lot, it might be worth it.

They are crazy expensive. The only thing unique is the torque driver. There are cheaper torque drivers out there, though theirs works and the variable one works well.

I don’t regret buying the variable pistol torque kit, though I recognize that cost-wise, they aren’t the best bang for the buck.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Is the Fix It Sticks kits worth getting? If so which one did you get?
    I find them worth it. Im a firearms instructor/armorer for my agency and I use them all the time. I initally bought the works kit but have expanded it overtime and inhave almost everything they offer thats relevant to what I need. If you do get a set, I would go straight to the ratcheting T handle with locking hex drive. Its the only one I use out of the 3 T handles I have.

Whatever kit you get you will also likely find yourself needing one of the add on bit sets to cover the sizes you might need. Everything in the kits seems to be great quality.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Seems like the Fix it Sticks are very good tools. Yes I know you get what you pay for and buy once cry once but they are ridiculously expensive. I would venture a guess that if you are really, really gunsmithing almost on a business scale they are a good investment. But for the average enthusiast’s needs perhaps one of the Wheeler or Real Avid torque wrenches might fulfill the need for such a tool. IMHO my :twocents:.

Top Bottom