• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Does anyone know of a reputable fishing rod repair person around the north side of Indy? I've got two St Croix rods which are damaged. A spinning rod which lost the ceramic insert in the tip is the one I'm most interested in getting repaired, I have a casting rod which had the tip broken off that I'm not sure is really repairable. Neither were inexpensive though they are a decade old at this point. I figure getting them repaired, if possible would be cheaper than replacing them.

Hawkj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2022
    Westpoint, IN
    I would give St Croix a call. I’ve dealt with them in the past over similar issues and the rod was either fixed or replaced for free. I’ve had friends do the same thing that where not the original owners of the rods or no receipt and it didn’t matter even on broken rods too. A good company that is easy to deal with in my past experience.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I would give St Croix a call. I’ve dealt with them in the past over similar issues and the rod was either fixed or replaced for free. I’ve had friends do the same thing that where not the original owners of the rods or no receipt and it didn’t matter even on broken rods too. A good company that is easy to deal with in my past experience.
    That was my first thought but with shipping costs these days it would likely cost $75+ to ship them.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    That was my first thought but with shipping costs these days it would likely cost $75+ to ship them.
    Are they 1 piece rods?

They do have a good history of getting repairs taken care of.

You could also stop by any decent bait shop and they may be able to recommend someone local.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Best of luck!

I moved away from St Croix rods some years back, for this same reason. The shipping costs were high for a "lifetime warranty" repair that I thought was paid for with the pricey initial purchase. :n00b:

One of mine had a ceramic guide break up. Paid the price for it. Second one, a fly rod section just shattered on a cast. They sold me another rod section for that one, I think it was $35 bucks. I gave that rod to a fishing buddy and told him he was on his own with it. I bought a cheap Okuma, for less than $50, on Amazon. I actually like the action of it better than the St Croix.

No more expensive rods for me. Easily replaceable only, from here on out. After all, it's just a stick and a string. ;)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited:

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    If you are handy at all you can replace the tip yourself pretty easily. Scrape away any epoxy, then heat it up with a match and twist a little and it should come right off. Then replace.

Top Bottom