• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I would say a lot would depend on temps. And also I would imagine he still did normal buck stuff licking branches raking branches rubs…. So all of that would also accelerate decomposition. But him picking a fight with a deceased deer wouldn’t be out of the realm of reality bucks are kinda dumb that time of year lol

Now that I think about it more there is NO way it is from this year think about how long decomposition takes……. No way he would separate head from body in that amount of time and no way he lived dragging around another carcass for that long.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I would say a lot would depend on temps. And also I would imagine he still did normal buck stuff licking branches raking branches rubs…. So all of that would also accelerate decomposition. But him picking a fight with a deceased deer wouldn’t be out of the realm of reality bucks are kinda dumb that time of year lol

Now that I think about it more there is NO way it is from this year think about how long decomposition takes……. No way he would separate head from body in that amount of time and no way he lived dragging around another carcass for that long.
    There's no way the skull is from a different year and was out in the wild without getting any squirrel damage. The skull looks way too clean to me in those photos. It also looks like the spinal column was detached perfectly from the back of the skull as well which seems plausible but unlikely to me. It seems like that would just about have to happened either while the other buck was alive, killing it or it happened just after the buck died while his body was still intact.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    There's no way the skull is from a different year and was out in the wild without getting any squirrel damage. The skull looks way too clean to me in those photos. It also looks like the spinal column was detached perfectly from the back of the skull as well which seems plausible but unlikely to me. It seems like that would just about have to happened either while the other buck was alive, killing it or it happened just after the buck died while his body was still intact.
    Maybe the dead buck was in the water? Lol there is a long list of possibilities I just know how hard it is to take a head off a deer and I cannot imagine it happening naturally in a couple months

Hawkj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2022
    Westpoint, IN
    Seems pretty strange to me. Maybe he got it out of someone’s yard that shot the buck earlier in the year and boiled it out and left it outside. Deer do some crazy things and are curious.

Top Bottom