• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Have a Gen 5 Glock 34 that exhibits the first shot flier syndrome much like the picture above. My friend said it was me not the gun as I was anticipating the first shot with the spongy "poor" Glock trigger. Thing is I had already owned a Glock for some time and had no flier issues. Like him had well over 30 years handgun shooting experience as well.

I tested from a rest with an optic at 25 yards , 10 shots all fed automatically on one target and 10 shots that were loaded manually on another and had two separate group locations. I hoped over time this anomaly would go away but got to the point where I quite shooting it.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have a Mark 2 target which will shoot right high on the first shot if you just depress the hold open lever instead of pulling the slide back to the rear and releasing. That one is mechanical must be the amount of force used to cycle the first round into the target barrel. He always spoke of things he noticed in real life situations and always loved his take on stopping power in real life shootings instead of what the math would show.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom