• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yup today I had my first experience running into a police officer while I OC. I was at a gas station filling up and I was on the passengers side cleaning my windshield. Out of the corner of my eye's I noticed a big truck pull up to the next pump on my passenger side. I kinda glanced over and it was a police officer in uniform. Still to this day I get really nervous around them while I'm carrying. (I'm still not over the fact that I'm perfectly legal carrying my gun especially OC). I nodded at him....I know I had to look scared to death. I couldn't help it though. But he was really cool. He asked what I was carrying. Told him it was a G23. He asked if I liked it and so on and so forth, made small talk while we we're both getting ripped off at the pump. Did you guys ever have that fear when you first started carrying?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Yup today I had my first experience running into a police officer while I OC. I was at a gas station filling up and I was on the passengers side cleaning my windshield. Out of the corner of my eye's I noticed a big truck pull up to the next pump on my passenger side. I kinda glanced over and it was a police officer in uniform. Still to this day I get really nervous around them while I'm carrying. (I'm still not over the fact that I'm perfectly legal carrying my gun especially OC). I nodded at him....I know I had to look scared to death. I couldn't help it though. But he was really cool. He asked what I was carrying. Told him it was a G23. He asked if I liked it and so on and so forth, made small talk while we we're both getting ripped off at the pump. Did you guys ever have that fear when you first started carrying?

Glad it went well. From the title on your post I thought you may have had some trouble.

I don't open carry (at least not on purpose), but I still crap my pants when I'm around LE and carrying concealed. Hopefully I'll get more confident.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I only conceal carry, for many reasons - so maybe that's why my answer to your post is this way but...

I've had a few interactions with police all of which I was armed,

All you have to do is stay polite, relaxed, and don't grab for things quickly and everything should be a ok

General nervousness around police is normal IMO

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    I know how you feel. I open carry a great deal, and still get a little nervous, because I know some day, one might give some grief for it. So far, it's been good.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    at any point did he ask you if you had a LTCH? or did he act like it was no big deal? where did this happen?

unrelated question - have you had the chance to shoot it yet?

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    You know, I used to get nervous around officers too - carrying or not.

After applying with several departments and and getting to know a lot of officers, I very rarely get nervous now.

They are people - just like you. ;-)

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    If you hadn't been planning to rob the place you wouldn't have been so nervous!! :shoot:

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have still not carried enough to get over the feeling that I'm printing like a neon sign, but I'm not. Not been nervous around a policeman as of yet, and been around a few while carrying.

I'm getting over the feeling that everyone can notice, as someone else once posted, I think I could conceal a rabid monkey and no one would notice for the most part. :):

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I only conceal carry, for many reasons - so maybe that's why my answer to your post is this way but...

I've had a few interactions with police all of which I was armed,

All you have to do is stay polite, relaxed, and don't grab for things quickly and everything should be a ok

General nervousness around police is normal IMO

Well I usually Conceal too. Because I really don't like people looking at me like I have a HUGE sign on me that says "I'm Armed And Dangerous" I carry for protection not for show. But I was in my work uniform (tucked in dress shirt) and so I kinda had no choice to conceal.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I only get nervous when a police officer approaches me and I suspect that he knows that I'm wearing a toupee.

Top Bottom