• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I have never been asked to leave the vehicle, only just been asked where the firearm is....never anything more. I usually don't mention verbally, but I give them my ltch with my license.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Speaking of cops and guns.

About two or three weeks ago, a friend and i were on campus and i was driving to take a couple movies back that i had checked out at the library, well i got pulled over for "swerving" I wasn't but they claim to have seen me swerving. By the way these were campus cops, not the actual Muncie PD.
    Well anyways, they accused me of drinking, which i wasn't. Then accused me of being high, saying i smelled of Marijuana, which I didn't, and wasn't smoking. One of the officers was an ok enough guy, he just requested that i do a couple tests and take a breathalyzer. I was somewhat annoyed but didn't care as I KNEW I hadn't been drinking. He still however harassed me and said i was "drunk" because i was "anticipating" his flashlight moving around with my eyes. My friend however was drinking, and had been drinking, but he came along for the ride. He is 22 and of legal age to drink, he blew out a point .09. Anyways, the other cop who was the biggest punk ass, bitch you would have ever seen. He was being the stereotypical type of cop, who talks a lot of trash, and trying to act hardcore. He saw a pistol mag in the back seat of my car from a gun i used to have and forgot i had left in my car. He asked if either of us had a gun. Well my friend said yes of course, and he even said so when they first showed up. He also kept his hands on the dash the whole time...But the cop being well...himself, he started blurting out GUN! and screaming for my friend to get out of the car, he started to tense up as he tried to cuff my friend and said he "broke the law" for not saying he was armed, even though he did say so, but the cop claims to have not heard him when he first came up. He then reached for my friend's gun and saw it was the same exact thing he had in his holster (Glock 22) He then got more upset when he saw it was chambered and had hallow points in the gun. It was however in a IWB holster. But he was still upset none the less. He then pretty much accused my friend of stealing a "cop's gun". He also made a quick retreat to his car to call in the serial number and to see if everything checked out. Also once my friend was on the ground and cuffed he started to talk more trash, but in the end he had to give my friend his property back once he saw his permit, and in a ****** tone, said if he was to carry know all the laws and that it's illegal to carry chambered, and also illegal to not notify a cop when your armed. Which I found is b/s on both accounts. But also, even though you don't have to say you are armed, my friend said he was, but the cop didn't hear him, and then also not to mention.... I am fairly sure it's not illegal to carry a gun with the chamber loaded. I mean damn, how else would you carry a revolver?????? One more reason i strongly dislike college cops. I am not saying i hate cops. Which i don't. I am on good terms and know a few of the cops on the Muncie PD. But yeah, your average ball state college cop, not only doesn't know what he's talking about, but he doesn't know **** about the law. :ranton:

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Actually I did do that. I told someone about it, and he took my statements up ect ect. But i know as well most likely nothing is going to happen, and even if it did, i bet the most that will happen is him getting told not to act like that again, if that. Me rant was just to share to others that ive had something similar happen before. As for the punk ass bitch comment, if thats not acting like one, then I don't know what is. Just saying.:D

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    This past Saturday I had just marked on duty. Aheah of me was a pickup with no taillights. I stopped the truck, asked the driver for ID, and vehicle info. He handed me his DL and on top was a carry permit. I told him thanks for bringing it to my attention. I didn't ask to see the firearm. I just told him I was glad another citizen had excercised their right to carry and told him if I ever needed help I knew I could count on him and the other permit carriers should I need it. While he checked the wiring under the rear bumper under the brightness of my spotlight we talked about deer hunting.

Before we seperated he thanked me for handling the firearm situation in such a way. I told him it was not a problem and jokingly added, "When I saw the camo, I knew I had met a guy who could be trusted."

A blessing of being a cop in a small town I guess. You couldn't do that in larger cities, or at least in my opinion you couldn't. I hope the fellow gunner got his deer.
    if I may ask, are you martinsville pd or morgan county? It's LEO's like yourself that show that all cops aren't out to get us. Thank you for the service you do!

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I don't get why anyone voluntarily hands over their permit to a LEO, I figure if I'm driving my vehicle and they pull me over, they know I have one if they've done their job and this is a state where you don't have to inform. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see the point in divulging more info to LEO than I have to.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I don't get why anyone voluntarily hands over their permit to a LEO, I figure if I'm driving my vehicle and they pull me over, they know I have one if they've done their job and this is a state where you don't have to inform. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see the point in divulging more info to LEO than I have to.

How does a LEO know that you have a LTCH by pulling you over?

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Sorry, I don't have that info Dogman, but the computer system they run the plates with can bring back warrants and other infractions as well as permit on the owner of the vehicle as I understand it.

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    Bluedragon,

Your friend is lucky he was not in Ohio. If he would have blown anything at all on the breathalyzer it would have been an easy felony conviction for the arrogant officer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I do not know the official title, but the law he broke was something like possession of a firearm while under the influence. My understanding is that BAC does not matter, so saying that it was only .05 doesn't matter. YMMV

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    I do not know the official title, but the law he broke was something like possession of a firearm while under the influence. My understanding is that BAC does not matter, so saying that it was only .05 doesn't matter. YMMV

I don't have the ORC handy, but it is Possession of a Firearm While Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs. It only takes a trace amount to be able to charge you for it.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Seems to me a 22-year-old carrying...who has been drinkin'...is a bad idea to begin with...no matter where you are. He shoulda left his piece at home for the little trip to Blockbuster...

Top Bottom