• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    It's absurd to equate choosing to not divulge private information to being "anti-LEO."

I could argue that its absurd to think that telling an LEO that you are LEGALLY carrying a firearm is going to land you in jail. But to each his own. If it makes you feel better to see cops in the way you do, more power to you. Thats the cool thing about our right to carry here in Indiana, if you dont want to tell cops thats up to you, I will probably always inform.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Who said it would "land you in jail"?

Non-sequiturs aside, keeping your private business private will avoid more problems than indulging the urge to share.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    So, from the op:

He politely asked milton to step out of the vehicle so he could check the firearm for his safety and ours.

This is a request on his part, not a directive on yours, yes? He's politely asking because he doesn't have the reasonable cause to disarm your forcibly, correct? Unless you guys can correct me, I believe it's not required at that point to surrender your sidearm.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Keyword: "should", Bro.

Just because someone decided to pull you over doesn't mean you've broken any law. I think many of us have had this situation, though that's not the point. And what exactly is the criteria for deeming it "necessary"?

BTW not trying to be a smartass here, folks...

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    Might as well not.....you're just gonna delete/modify all of your posts when someone disagrees with you anyway. :rolleyes:

:evilangel:

Disagreement isn't the problem.The ATTITUDE {{LIKE this}} by the way IS and WAS the problem . Your condensending attitude is the very reason I removed my post. So thanks once again for being so kind and helpful.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I would not volunteer the info, but if asked by the officer if I had any firearms I would respond in the affirmative. As for surrendering the said firearm, that's a tough call. I think it depends on the reason for the stop and the demeanor of the officer. If the officer was on an even keel, so to speak, I think I might question the need for removal. However, if he was agitated, the prudent course may be to disarm for the duration of the incident.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I say try not to get killed in the process of standing for your rights. A dead man has no rights.... and a prisoner has very few. A true warrior knows to choose his battles wisely. And a true hunter knows not to poke the bear. But to each his/her own.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    How do you know that?

Cause I`m the guy that never gets a break on a ticket. Both times it turned your run of the mill stop into a few minutes of bs about guns.
    Really I`m not one to inform the officer if the gun is not in veiw, but it was those 2 times just cause I forgot about it.:nuts:

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    This past Saturday I had just marked on duty. Aheah of me was a pickup with no taillights. I stopped the truck, asked the driver for ID, and vehicle info. He handed me his DL and on top was a carry permit. I told him thanks for bringing it to my attention. I didn't ask to see the firearm. I just told him I was glad another citizen had excercised their right to carry and told him if I ever needed help I knew I could count on him and the other permit carriers should I need it. While he checked the wiring under the rear bumper under the brightness of my spotlight we talked about deer hunting.

Before we seperated he thanked me for handling the firearm situation in such a way. I told him it was not a problem and jokingly added, "When I saw the camo, I knew I had met a guy who could be trusted."

A blessing of being a cop in a small town I guess. You couldn't do that in larger cities, or at least in my opinion you couldn't. I hope the fellow gunner got his deer.

Top Bottom