• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    i carry the sigma sw9ve and the trigger is a little different, but the trigger safety is the only one on it. no manual safety external to the gun. pretty accurate for a 4 inch barrel. also, with the polymer frame, it's very very light, especially with a half loaded mag

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    From my experience I would stay away from Sigmas. M&P's are great weapons. FNH a little much, price wise for my taste. Sigs are also great, but a bit bulky to me. Glocks are good, but I would never own one. Why is XD not on your list. I would really consider looking at them.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I currently carry either a full size 1911 or a Glock 22, but have begun to think about getting an H&K. If you have friends with hand guns you might want to wear a couple different ones for a day or two. The weight and size might make a difference to you .

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I'm partial to the G19 but most are created equal. Don't listen to the "Ford v.s. Chevy" stuff. Find what works for you, shoot with friends. If you don't have any who own what you want to shoot I'm sure some of the good folks in here could help out. Then when you decide, of course on the GLOCK, (had to do it) ask around about the right store. I read a tragic story on here a few days back about a guy buying an AK at a certain establishment....

Step 1.) Pick what feels right
    Step 2.) Buy at fair price/support a good shop
    Step 3.) Shoot often

paburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Fort Branch,IN
    Thank you Smitty. My thought exactly. I understand opinions are what was asked for, but it is obvious folks are ALWAYS going to suggest their favorite gun based on how they feel, fit and have a comfortable trigger pull to them.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Moviepro314: Every pistol mentioned is a quality piece.
    Me I'm old school, 1911 all the way until I shot a Hi Power found I shot them better. My carry weapon is a Witness 9M/M compact, DA, HP ergo's. Is this what I'm recommending to you...................NO. Make an A list of what you would like then beg borrow, or rent one and fire at least 50 to 100 rounds thru it. Don't just go bang, bang, bang, set up a target at defensive range (no more than 15 yds.) and shoot as if your life depended on it. Then write down he pros and cons of each choice, feel, accuracy, reliablity, size, weight, sights, sight picture, let cost be the last on the list. Spend on a carry weapon whatever you feel your life is worth.............. Remember I doubt that my shoes would fit you either, there's no one pistol that fits everyone. :rockwoot: <>< Duce:

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As someone else recommended, you might want to look at some other Sigs besides the polymer frames. A sig 226, 229 or 239 would all be an excellent choice. While they are pricier new, you can get a 226 for $500 used, and it's function will still be excellent. Gander Mountain in Indianapolis has them as cheap $450, although the finish is beat to hell.

You might also consider looking at the new Sig 250, which, in my opinion, is a superior polymer frame to the older style.

level Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Adams County
    How do you want to carry (open, concealed)?

What one feels the best in your handand shoots the best?

I'm new to daily carry (less than 6 mo) and It's not on your list but I picked up a Sig P239. I hope to make it my new daily carry.
    Why I like it so far:
    It's a single stack so no large grip, 8 +1 and a spare mag works for me
    DA/SA - no safety
    Aluminum alloy frame
    Feels good in my hand
    Size - smaller/lighter than a full size
    - its the right size for me to conceal

If it turns out to be the weapon I hope it will, I'll order a Milt Sparks VM2 and no one should be able to tell when or if I carry.

MoviePro314

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    NW IN
    New list

Went to the range yesterday. Put some rounds through a G19, Sig P.226, MK40, G23. Didn't get to shoot, but held a full size M&P 9 again and it felt really comfortable in my hand.

I'd really like to shoot the MP9 and SP2022 or P250(Compact) but I haven't found anyone I know that has any of them.

I like the pricetag on 2022 but I worried that it's being discontinued for civilian sales. Also the mags are a little $$. I like that the P250 is offered in a compact model and supposedly a sub-compact, though I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. For everyone out there pushing the XD and wondering why it isn't on the list, I have gripped it, admittedly I haven't shot it, but I didn't care for the feel of it in my hand.

Top Bottom