• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I brought an older fire extinguisher in to get checked and also buy an additional one for the truck. The guy discharged and disassembled the old one, replaced the seals and put a little Vaseline in them, reassembled and recharged with “dry air” to keep things from clumping up inside. No charge for the service and he has never charged me for the annual inspecting the extinguishers. Consequently, he has a lot of return customers, including me.

~Bucky~

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I brought an older fire extinguisher in to get checked and also buy an additional one for the truck. The guy discharged and disassembled the old one, replaced the seals and put a little Vaseline in them, reassembled and recharged with “dry air” to keep things from clumping up inside. No charge for the service and he has never charged me for the annual inspecting the extinguishers. Consequently, he has a lot of return customers, including me.

~Bucky~

Where might this place be?

Also, anybody know where a good place to buy a couple used extinguishers would be? Thanks

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I just picked up one of the big ones, free, from work.

They were giving away a dozen of them because "they" (I don't know who "they" are) won't service them if they are more than 10 years old. Something about age of pressure vessels or somthing.

I'll keep it in the garage. As long as it doesn't leak and rust, it will work.

If it's not to the the age where "they" will service and recharge it, then I would "practice" once and get it serviced before it hit its 10th birthday.

eldirector - Speaking of Jeeps, know anyplace on the north side that will fill CO2 tanks?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I just picked up one of the big ones, free, from work.

They were giving away a dozen of them because "they" (I don't know who "they" are) won't service them if they are more than 10 years old. Something about age of pressure vessels or somthing.

I'll keep it in the garage. As long as it doesn't leak and rust, it will work.

If it's not to the the age where "they" will service and recharge it, then I would "practice" once and get it serviced before it hit its 10th birthday.

eldirector - Speaking of Jeeps, know anyplace on the north side that will fill CO2 tanks?

I think Koorsen does but there are on the near eastside:

Koorsen Fire & Security :: Home

Koorsen Fire & Security

Koorsen Fire & Security :: Home
    (317) 542-1800
    2719 N Arlington Ave
    Indianapolis, IN

To the OP I have many fire extinguishers and I load them up and go to Indy and have them checked, and tested. They have always done a good job at a reasonable price.

Irshfan: They even sell used units.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    If the tank is discharged and the last re-certification date is older than 5 years it will need to be re-tested. if anyone is interested I can re-test your cylinder and re-pair replace the valve{if the valve needs replaced youd be better off buying a new tank as the valves are pretty expensive} I can replace the O-ring and also inspect and replace the safety if needed. places like "priority one" "midwest fire and safety" "campbell fire and safety" "airgas" "praxair" and "modern supply" can inspect and fill you tank but if they need retested chances are Ill be the one doing it.

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I am going to put a plug in for my dads business. I know he is cheaper than Koorsen. Give him a call he can get it done for you.

Stuart Fire Prevention - Frankin, IN
    317-736-4055

Top Bottom