• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ace hardware carries ingots. Not sure on the price.

Can you only cast your own on the handgun rounds?

What about rifle rounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a friend that casts some beautiful .45-70 projectiles.
    I feed him lead and he gives back bullets.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I built an elevated wooden box, loaded it with sand piled up against the back, and use a kitty litter scoop to recover my boolits. Non-hp generally come out minimally deformed. I’ve reshot 230gr .45 from my pcp air gun several times. If I let it build too much then they start hitting each other so I keep up with it and repile the sand occasionally. Pistol isn’t bad, but I lose some sand from rifle. My sand is free though, so easy to add more. My recovery rate is 99%. I let friends come shoot so I can get their lead ;-)

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Auto wet cell batteries are a waste of time. If it's a top post drain and rinse then beat the post out. Very little lead will be left on the plates if it's gone bad.
    Clearing brush I put 4 side post auto batteries in the burn pile. I dug a shallow hole to collect the lead. A week later I dug through the ash and got about half of a small plastic coffee can of lead.
    Depending on battery size I get $10 to $20 for a used battery at the scrapyard.
    Do you know anyone that works for a railroad, locomotive shop? Ask them to get you some spent battery lugs. I worked for ICG/CNRR's for 36 years and got a bunch over the years. Each loco had 8 batteries, each post takes 2 lugs to hold the cables to them. One side has a 5/16" brass bolt, the other has a 5/16" brass nut, both set in a 3/4" square lead head. A set of lugs weigh about 35 lbs.

Top Bottom