• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    I got the day off work today, because it is my birthday. I decided to drive down to Whittaker's in Ky. Got a box of 22 LR ( 1 box limit), and an AR cleaning kit. I decided to stop by Meek's Guns in Ft. Branch on my way home. Walked in and he had 2 Glock 19s in the display case. I have been looking for one of these for a couple months. I could not believe my eyes. I purchased one and got to buy a box of ammo, because I bought a gun. This is my first Glock, and I am really looking forward to shooting it. It will be my Concealed Carry gun, if we ever get that passed in my great state. (There is hope) All in all, it was a great day, no work, and I found my Glock.

Joe K

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    Congrats on your first Glock what a nice Birthday gift!

Great choice with the 19 a great all around gun for range, carry and home defense I love my Gen 4.

Brian 45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    I have bought several guns at Meeks. Not only do they give great service and advice but they take the time to help out newbys learn about what is right for them. Great place to go!

CheckmARk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Wow, that's great. I travel some of that path myself. I live in Bowling Green, and my son goes to school in Terre Haute. I've never stopped by Meeks because I've usually spent too much time at Whittakers, but I drive right by it. I'll be sure to save enough time next Friday when I head up to get him for spring break. Happy Birthday, Congrats & we're rooting for you on getting CC implemented in Illinois!

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Happy Birthday and Congrats on the Glock.. I was up at Meeks today picking up my Suppressor, I think I was there around 1pm.

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    neeltburn Did you notice if he still had a Glock19 in the case at 1:00? I was there about 11:00 and he figured the last one would be gone by noon. He got four of them in at noon yesterday, and I got the third one.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    neeltburn Did you notice if he still had a Glock19 in the case at 1:00? I was there about 11:00 and he figured the last one would be gone by noon. He got four of them in at noon yesterday, and I got the third one.

Honestly I was to wrapped up in finally getting my suppressor to look much at Glocks, I did look through the bolt guns but didnt see anything super special for myself.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Congrats on a great gun, at a good price too!
    The G19 is an excellent all around gun. Concealable yet still very shootable. I wish Glock would consider a thinned out(as in noticeably thinner) option in 9 or 40... but then I'd be pissed about not carrying as many rounds.
    I carry a g23 (same dimensions as g19), and it really is a jack of all trades.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Meeks really spruced up a pretty crappy store. It used to be just a place to buy general junk but now is a real gun shop. I bought a Savage Hog Hunter in .223 a few months ago. I had been to Whittakers and they didn't have one. I called Meeks while driving back toward Evansville. They had one and agreed to hold it 'till I could get there. I'm very happy with them.

Their pricing is very good. Whittakers has gen 3s for $485 and gen 4s for $522. But you have to pay a $20 transfer fee if you like in E'ville so Meeks wins.

Top Bottom