• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's a myth... ;)

Glock wouldn't produce something new without a huge attention getting event.

Remember the secret G44 announcement? The secrecy? Didn't we all speculate that would be a carbine?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Looks a lot like a G Super Duty to me , can't wait to hear what they blow these out to PD's for probably like $600 a pop. People seem to forget Glocks were designed for the most common denominator and this will be a barley Mil Spec rifle most likely.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is the #1 INGO comment of all time.

Indy, I must ask, just what did you want to see? Given the weight requirements, it was going to be internal pistol, that means the AR/M-16 system. Glock has been filing patents on the AR-15 right and left for the past 4 years. What did you expect exactly?

Or, what would you want to see?
    Oh, I don't know - maybe a PCC? Available in all the calibers Glocks already chamber?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It didn't seem like you were asking what MOD wanted to see :@ya:
    INGO gonna INGO.

MOD has a solicitation to fill which does not include PCC but some carbine variant. If you would not submit an AR-15, then what would you want to submit. Please do tell me about a platform that meets the MOD requirements. What do you want to see submitted?

Glock is not stupid enough to submit a PCC to the MOD. Gaston may be greedy bastard who does not play well with others, including his own family, but he has a young wife and is focused on keeping her in horses and knows that .gov contract pay for the initial contract and for the servicing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don’t understand Glock….all they have to do is release literally identical to this based on a Glock 17 and preferably Glock 20 as well and they would sell millions of them….

I know I would be very interested even up to the 1K price point if they did it right. Simple, lightweight, short, I don’t understand why they have not done this yet. View attachment 228200
    MOD does not want a PCC. So why propose such a thing?

Glock would be foolish to release such a sku to market, even if they made them in Georgia to get them in.

There is a flood of PCCs on the market. Why expose your flank like this?

Whatever caliber Glock released it in there would be 114 threads on INGO about "if they released it in ____ caliber, I would buy it", "if they made it in 10.6 Mauser", or threads about the color, or how Brand X is cheaper or whatever rationale not to buy it.

No reason to leave your fortress and roll around on the ground with Hi Point or CMMG.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Or, what would you want to see?

I wanted to see this, that they filed patents for:
    YsjavHf.png

All polymer lower, tabs to allow tool free barrel removal, AR18 operating system.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    INGO gonna INGO.

MOD has a solicitation to fill which does not include PCC but some carbine variant. If you would not submit an AR-15, then what would you want to submit. Please do tell me about a platform that meets the MOD requirements. What do you want to see submitted?

Glock is not stupid enough to submit a PCC to the MOD. Gaston may be greedy bastard who does not play well with others, including his own family, but he has a young wife and is focused on keeping her in horses and knows that .gov contract pay for the initial contract and for the servicing.
    Seems to me the field is littered with the carcasses of AR patterned rifles, submitted to compete for military contracts, designed by companies with better and broader weapons development capabilities. Those companies often weaken their financial position by investing a great deal of resources chasing a fickle funding stream

Seems to me Glock would do better to go with what they know that has the best commercial potential. Instead of 'rolling in the mud with Hi Point or CMMG' they will instead be 'sucking hind *** ' trying to slipstream companies like Sig, HK and FN

If profit is the goal, then give the fanbois what they want and what the non-believers still might consider in, say, 10mm or 40 (or even 357 sig) if it was good enough

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Seems to me the field is littered with the carcasses of AR patterned rifles, submitted to compete for military contracts, designed by companies with better and broader weapons development capabilities. Those companies often weaken their financial position by investing a great deal of resources chasing a fickle funding stream

Seems to me Glock would do better to go with what they know that has the best commercial potential. Instead of 'rolling in the mud with Hi Point or CMMG' they will instead be 'sucking hind *** ' trying to slipstream companies like Sig, HK and FN

If profit is the goal, then give the fanbois what they want and what the non-believers still might consider in, say, 10mm or 40 (or even 357 sig) if it was good enough
    Are you referencing the IC program here in the States? If so, then you are quite correct, but MOD wants guns and Gaston knows they pay so I do not see it as an unwise investment.

As far as a Glock PCC COTS development here in the States, it would be foolhardy. Take floor space away from a guaranteed ROI/cash flow in your Gen5s, 43Xs, G45s, the 19X that sold 100K units its first month, to compete against Hi Point, Aero Precision, inter alia who have decade, decade and a half of a headstart? Insanity.

Gun nuts project their own precatory demands into the market. INGO just had a thread on the Medusa revolver like that. I just don't see it, but my name is not Gaston Glock.

Glock competing for an MOD contract makes business sense and is not unexpected given the overtime that his IP lawyers have been doing. COTS has always been a secondary market despite the USA being such a huge market.

Top Bottom