• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which SAT in JUNE should the youth day be?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Updated OP with last reply from DNR.
    They have enough shotguns youth 20g so we just need manpower and supplies (ammo and clay piegons) for the trap area.

So.....lots of info to go through, but i can donate 3 boxes of clay targets. I also have an Ar with scope mount, takes about 30 secs to put iron sights on so whichever is needed.

I also have a caldwell forward rest in case the ar is too heavy for the little ones. I assume we'll be at a shooting bench??? I could probably only give 50 rds of .223 to the cause due to price and availability.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So.....lots of info to go through, but i can donate 3 boxes of clay targets. I also have an Ar with scope mount, takes about 30 secs to put iron sights on so whichever is needed.

I also have a caldwell forward rest in case the ar is too heavy for the little ones. I assume we'll be at a shooting bench??? I could probably only give 50 rds of .223 to the cause due to price and availability.

Great!

Yes the kids will be shooting from the benches either with with help (bench rest) or by holding it themselves (depending on size). I need to make the official thread in the events channel and start putting the list together of what we have coming.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't remember if I said anything about the m&p15-22 in addition to my 10/22.
    I can bring a .223 ar also if we're doing that. Just my opinion, but when I teach the scouts, I save the bigger stuff for later in the day. They are excited and nervous enough in the beginning. After the get calmed down and ok with it, then I introduce bigger cartridges.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Jedi,

Just a correction, both of my 10/22 rifles have scopes. But if you want I can remove the scopes. You have them listed in the IRON SIGHTS area, but both are currently sporting scopes.

ALSO a SUGGESTION: I would limit all the 22 caliber rifles to 10/22 guns. That would make instruction easier as all will be the same.

AS FOR SHOTGUNS: If we are going to do that then its possible I could bring out and O/U 20 gauge shotgun, some 20 gauge ammo, a clays thrower, and a case of clays. I'm just not sure about splitting my guns on two ranges with me only being on one of those ranges.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi,

Just a correction, both of my 10/22 rifles have scopes. But if you want I can remove the scopes. You have them listed in the IRON SIGHTS area, but both are currently sporting scopes.

ALSO a SUGGESTION: I would limit all the 22 caliber rifles to 10/22 guns. That would make instruction easier as all will be the same.

AS FOR SHOTGUNS: If we are going to do that then its possible I could bring out and O/U 20 gauge shotgun, some 20 gauge ammo, a clays thrower, and a case of clays. I'm just not sure about splitting my guns on two ranges with me only being on one of those ranges.

OK let me get the offical post going in a few days and ya can list what you have coming in the correct configuration.

Agree that we can start everyone off on 10/22s in .22 to make it easier and then branch off to .223, .30 carbine, etc for the bigger stuff as WINAMAC DNR wants them to try the other stuff as well.

In terms of SGs we don't have to worry WINAMAC DNR said they have enough SGs to handle that portion. We just need to supply the manpower, ammo and clay/throwers.

Also I'll talk to Les and see if we can't get a few boxes of clays donated to the event.

Thanks who is Les?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom