• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe they were just taking their lead from the Feds and ATF and setting up their own sting operation to see if the could trace the sales all the way back to mexican drug cartel gangs.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    My guess is they were thirsting for something more juicy and exciting after staking out Graber's Goat Farm for 2 years.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The FDA is a hardcore enforcement agency. They will raid your grocery store with guns drawn if you try to sell raw milk or yogurt. They terrorize the Amish with 5:00 AM raids to demand compliance with their bureaucratic de facto laws. Maybe they're practicing their JBT tactics in this case so they can oppress food rebellions better.

Arresting police officers is like going on safari to hunt lions. After this, hunting those whitetail deer back home (aka natural food stores) will seem pretty easy.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    The FDA is a hardcore enforcement agency. They will raid your grocery store with guns drawn if you try to sell raw milk or yogurt. They terrorize the Amish with 5:00 AM raids to demand compliance with their bureaucratic de facto laws. Maybe they're practicing their JBT tactics in this case so they can oppress food rebellions better.

Arresting police officers is like going on safari to hunt lions. After this, hunting those whitetail deer back home (aka natural food stores) will seem pretty easy.

I love this guy!!!:ingo::rockwoot::patriot:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I don't think you have that quite right Rambone. I think it was because of the raids on the Amish and hippies that they were involved. After dealing with such hardcore violent thugs such as those. They were the only ones professional to handle the glock fortey, wait I meant to handle taking down such criminals such as these.

And I'm withholding my decision on this, not enough info. It's possible these guys are guilty, it's also very possible the new sheriff is trying to make a name for himself or these guys were supporters of his opponent and he's holding a grudge. Being lake co. neither would surprise me.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    And I'm withholding my decision on this, not enough info. It's possible these guys are guilty, it's also very possible the new sheriff is trying to make a name for himself or these guys were supporters of his opponent and he's holding a grudge. Being lake co. neither would surprise me.

I generally don't think "Gun Running" is a real crime anyways. But it doesn't seem right that they were selling confiscated property for themselves and using the department letterhead without permission.

Like you said, waiting for more info.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    But it doesn't seem right that they were selling confiscated property for themselves and using the department letterhead without permission.

My thoughts exactly. Apparently receiving overtime pay they weren't entitled to either.. and approving their own overtime hours, according to this update:

No arrests reported yet for six Lake officers targeted by feds

Doing whatever they could for some extra $$$'s. Money hungry much?

I realize an officers pay isn't anything special, but c'mon now...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I generally don't think "Gun Running" is a real crime anyways. But it doesn't seem right that they were selling confiscated property for themselves and using the department letterhead without permission.

I agree with you on both parts. Although if they were selling confiscated firearms, the loss to the department was probably less than $200 over 10 years. I'm pretty sure the LCSD scraps confiscated firearms and current scrap price for steel is I believe about 150 a ton. It doesn't make it right, but it's still just petty theft.

My thoughts exactly. Apparently receiving overtime pay they weren't entitled to either.. and approving their own overtime hours, according to this update:

doing whatever they could for some extra $$$'s. Money hungry much?

According to the link you posted, one officer received extra overtime pay and has paid it back. And I've also approved my own overtime, if they were abusing that, I have no problem with them being fired. Heck I have no problem with them being charged for theft. Same as anyone could and should be charged.

Let the evidence be shown and justice be done.

No arrests yet... we'll see.

No arrests and no disciplinary charges yet. We'll see, but in this case, I'm going to go with it's a witch hunt so far. I've had a bit of experience with the LCSD and I have absolutely no reason to believe that this isn't a witch hunt.

Top Bottom