• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I'm new to shell purchasing so I bought a ton of birdshot, and am working on "a little bit of everything else" just so I can get an idea what does what.

I picked up a 10-shell box of "Turkey" load, description below:

Our HEAVYWEIGHT shot features a density of 15 grams per cubic centimeter—a third more dense than lead. When combined with our patented FLITECONTROL® wad you get tight patterns and lethal shot that allows you to take birds a little bit beyond your typical range. Try the #7 shot for more pellets on target—it matches the density of a #5 lead pellet out to 40-yards.

What's so great about this compared to other shot? I picked up 10 00buckshot same brand yesterday for about 15, and the turkey load cost 43 bucks.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Like Richard said and since the pellets are heaver you can use a smaller size pellet to achieve the same energy on the target. Because the pellets are smaller this means you can fit more pellets into the shell, which puts more pellets on the target. Basically they are better than just lead, but also quite a bit more expensive. haha

Top Bottom