• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    I honestly wish the marriage debate would end. So much conservative political capital is spent at the most arbitrary of issues.

Tradition is not a valid reason for anything. Besides, people have been getting married before Abrahamic religion was even a thing. Gay/Polygamist marriages hurt no one. It's perfectly OK to find it gross, disgusting, immoral, etc. That's your opinion and while I don't agree, I don't care whatsoever to change your mind.

It honestly surprises me that conservatives are attempting to enact such pointless pieces of legislation on this matter, considering that's a point of criticism often brought up when deconstructing the liberal position.

Humans and animals? Father daughter? What is the argument against these that would promote a compelling government objective? There really isn't if you think about it; who else does it harm? I'm not talking about the social policy aspects but the legal ramifications of a court striking down marriage laws.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I honestly wish the marriage debate would end. So much conservative political capital is spent at the most arbitrary of issues.

Tradition is not a valid reason for anything. Besides, people have been getting married before Abrahamic religion was even a thing. Gay/Polygamist marriages hurt no one. It's perfectly OK to find it gross, disgusting, immoral, etc. That's your opinion and while I don't agree, I don't care whatsoever to change your mind.

It honestly surprises me that conservatives are attempting to enact such pointless pieces of legislation on this matter, considering that's a point of criticism often brought up when deconstructing the liberal position.

I'm not sure conservatives are the only ones who have burned up political capital on the issue. For all the supposed popularity of gay marriage, I doubt whether the GOP has really damaged itself, or the Dems made real headway.

Next comes the agitation for polygamy. There will be no rational basis to reject it, since the 'majority' are currently rejecting tradition and morality as criteria in placing lawful restrictions on marriage.

Then child brides. And why not? It is only a presumption that children are not competent to say, enter contracts or marry. And what is a child, anyway?

Not a parade of horribles, by the way, but only the inevitable next steps in the movement for social "progress".

Someday folks may look back and wish they had left well enough alone.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ya, I've thought about that. good point. but, Our constitution is based on the Hebrew Bible not the Koran big difference me thinks. Your to love your neighbor not cut his head off.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I do agree cobber that dems have also wasted their time on the issue.

The argument that gay marriage/polygamy will lead to child brides and/or bestiality is absolutely asinine. For a bunch of straight, so called normal people, your average conservative INGO member is absolutely obsessed with sex.

I hope these verse's don't mean nothin. LEVITICUS chapter 18 verses 22 - 25. And ROMANS chapter 1 verses 27 -32. But what if they do ?????

Let me save you some time, they don't.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Someone mention bestiality, this pic seems to fit

attachment.php

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1][/QUOTE

I agree with all those precepts but, I also believe our current government is trying to infringe on all of them by ramming immoral laws down our throats. Being a Christian and believing in the Bible as the actual written
    voice of the living God. We have to be damned careful how we state our opinions these days, or we'll be branded as a haters. I hate the sin NOT the sinner. I'm also a sinner saved by Grace. Simple. Some of the opposition are strickley one sided, it's there way or no way. The founders knew they couldn't legislate morality. That's our current dilemma. American laws are based on Judeo Christian values or at least they started that way.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Does the mere concept that States, or anyone else, feel the need to "ban" gay/multiple marriages infer that they are not illegal under current law? :dunno:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There is no "collective cost" to gay or even polygynous marriages. They have no affect on anyone outside of them. That's a statist and collectivist trope that hold no water.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Yes. The second wife insisted that I get a first wife, and the fifth wife insisted on the fourth, who really wanted a third. But it was the seventh who really was the pushiest about the whole thing.

Their right to be deviant exists until they attempt to infringe upon my right not to have to acknowledge their deviancy. If someone really likes their goat, they can 'marry' their goat. But I refuse to acknowledge their goat-love as legitimate. The same goes for homosexuality, bestiality, and all the rest of the deviancy masquerading as the oppressed in this world: "You're not acknowledging our love as legitimate, we're oppressed!" They can do as they please, but I refuse to acknowledge it as legitimate, which is really what they're pushing for. Tolerance is no longer acceptable. Forced acceptance is the new minimum: "You won't bake us a cake or acknowledge our love as legitimate! We're oppressed!" If consenting adults want to do whatever in the bedroom until they're sore, I say go for it, no skin off my nose. But do not attempt to utilize the State to force me to try to acknowledge deviancy as legitimate.

WELL SAID BROTHER!

Top Bottom