• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Does or has Federal always put there there name on there shell casing or is there just initals? The reason I ask is in my vary limited time of gun ownership the federal that I have had has always said "Federal" on the casing today I want to a shop and was sold some "private stock" hydra shok and that was why it was not listed on the receipt the casing have a "FC" or "FO" on them just need some info to know if I got screwed or not.
    :shady:

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    My .38, .357, and .45ACP factory Hydra-Shok cases are all marked "Federal". It could be that earlier stock was marked different, but Federal cases have always had the name in full as long as I can remember...

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    What can/should I do about this? With ammo as hard as it is to find I don't like the idea of fraud but I don't want to blast a place untill I'm sure I was gypt.

midshark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    MI
    I just bought a box of 9MM Federal Premium HST Jacketed Hollow Point at the gun show here in Grand Rapids yesterday. They are steel casings, and have the F C markings. I don't know how old they are (the box does have a 2001 date on it) but this was from a reputable vendor. The F C does stand for Federal Cartidge I'm assuming?

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    I just bought a box of 9MM Federal Premium HST Jacketed Hollow Point at the gun show here in Grand Rapids yesterday. They are steel casings, and have the F C markings. I don't know how old they are (the box does have a 2001 date on it) but this was from a reputable vendor. The F C does stand for Federal Cartidge I'm assuming?

Those wouldn't be steel cased, but rather Nickel cases.

FC does indeed stand for Federal Cartridge.

Top Bottom