• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

The FBI statistics indicate that armed citizens thwart only 4.4% of active/mass shooters.

This study indicates it is 34.4% because the FBI massively under counts active shooter situations.

When looking at when the shooting occurs in places when concealed carry is allowed (i,e, not GFZs) that percentage rises to above 50% in each of the last seven years, averaging 51%.

(using math, it looks like for GFZ, or that the study could not determine whether guns were allowed, that drops to 12.8%)

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Just an example, but an enlightening one... the FBI data does not count Jack Wilson's actions at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, Texas as an armed civilian stopping an active/mass shooter.

Full stop.

For example, the Bureau’s report about the Dec. 29, 2019 attack on the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, Texas, that left two men dead does not list this as an incident of “civic engagement.” Instead, the FBI lists this attack as being stopped by a security guard. A parishioner, who had volunteered to provide security during worship, fatally shot the perpetrator. That man, Jack Wilson, told Dr. John Lott that he was not a security professional. He said that 19 to 20 members of the congregation were armed that day, and they didn’t even keep track of who was carrying a concealed weapon.
    The .gov lovers in the other thread mentioning this say there's no bias, nothing to see here lol.
    I looked for another thread to avoid a dup, but apparently missed it. can you point me to it, still not finding it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just an example, but an enlightening one... the FBI data does not count Jack Wilson's actions at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, Texas as an armed civilian stopping an active/mass shooter.

Full stop.

I looked for another thread to avoid a dup, but apparently missed it. can you point me to it, still not finding it.
    Not really a dupe per se but discusses a similar topic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom