• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    My wife is watching the FBI television series right now. I hate the show but since I’m playing on INGO and pretty much ignoring the show she can watch what she wants. (A little better than the damn game shows she watches ).

However, the agents just found some dude dead in an alley. One of the agents uses his pen to pick up a shell casing. He held it up and announced to his partner “Yep, 45 Winchester.” The casing looking like a .45 ACP. What the heck is a 45 Winchester ?

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

TV script writers are not historians. Take the movie road house. The revolver is blued in some scenes and nickle in others. just entertainment.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

TV script writers are not historians. Take the movie road house. The revolver is blued in some scenes and nickle in others. just entertainment.

I love the mix up in Deadwood where Ned Mason draws a Remington 1858 to shoot Bullock and Wild Bill, but is holding an open top Colt when he hits the ground.;)

Reactions: Leo

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My wife is watching the FBI television series right now. I hate the show but since I’m playing on INGO and pretty much ignoring the show she can watch what she wants. (A little better than the damn game shows she watches ).

However, the agents just found some dude dead in an alley. One of the agents uses his pen to pick up a shell casing. He held it up and announced to his partner “Yep, 45 Winchester.” The casing looking like a .45 ACP. What the heck is a 45 Winchester ?
    Or they look at a bullet and say it's a 9mm or 38 special or something like that without measuring it just picking it up. Pretty hard to tell .355 to .357. If it's a 124gr 9mm or a 125gr 357 mag or 38 special, or 38 super on and on.

1657697750815.png
    Are those 355 or 357?
    I'll let you know in a few days.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    How above a fictional round for a fictional show?
    Yep. I was listening to a 1950's private detective radio program and the whole episode was based on a "29.5 caliber" handgun. Of course I had to look it up to see if it was some obscure round I've never heard of. It wasn't.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom