• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I get the most enjoyment from shooting clays out of the air. No matter how often I do it, there is always something about seeing the pieces fall to the ground that I get a kick out of.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Can those be angled downward? (To deflect/direct lead to the ground vs allowing ricochets)

With AR500, you don't need to do this as much. With the hardness of the steel, the bullet fragments on impact. Tilting the target forward reduces the direct energy that the target will see from the round, thus allowing you to "bend the rules" when it comes to distance.

All that said, the weight of the target, combined with the location of the mounting holes, will naturally create a slight forward lean. We actually recommend not tightening down the bolts all the way when using our 2x4 brackets. Use a lock nut and thread on enough just to get a few threads past the nut. This will not only increase the forward lean as desired, but the looser a target is hung, the more it is free to vibrate on impact. That means a louder, deeper GONG on impact!

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    in the toy isle at walmart there's boxes of little plastic dinosaurs, buy 1 or more, take it home, with a razor blade slice the tail or really wherever you can to get a funnel in it, fill it with tannerite, superglue bonds your slice very nicely, i feel the rest is self explanatory, i couldn't find any remains of said dinosaur... :)

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    went to a range years ago that had a huge plinking pond and they sold bags of marshmallows. Those were fun, they float (for at least a few shots) and you can play a game with someone else shooting them across the water and if you hit one right they will shoot straight up in the air and make a poof sound.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Many things. I like shooting vegetables / melons primarily. Cucumbers are fun to shoot with a .22 LR and see the kind of splitting damage it can do =D. Got some photo's of the last three I shot in the summer of 2011 somewhere...

Other than that, I go to mytargets.com @ work and use some of our fax scrap paper to print them off. Can't beat a free target!

critterskinner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Auburn
    I enjoy golfballs on a tee at 100 yds. When we are on we shoot the tee. Also, many years ago growing up in Nebraska, we practiced running shots by bolting a wooden target to a car tire (remove from the car first), propped it up with a stick on the side of a hill, shoot the stick first then see how many hits we can make before the bottom. It was a hoot. :ar15:

ngroark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Greensburg
    haha lots of great ideas here... two things that I'm going to have to try are the frozen water baloons and i'm thinkin... indy 1500.. bobcat steel... i'll be lookin that way

Top Bottom