• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    There has been a lot of bacon talk on here recently. So, I want to know what is your favorite brand of bacon? Mine is "Indiana Kitchen" which can be found at Marsh.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    photo1.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If I feel like going to Mooresville or if Im in the area I will stop by the Value mart and get some freshly sliced thick cut bacon from the butcher in the back.

Any other time Wright brand bacon is hard to beat for store bought stuff.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm a fan of the Wrights brand as well. However, I must add that it must be from Sams Club and not from Walmart. I have no idea why but the stuff I get from Walmart is never as good. Yes, it costs more. It's worth it. :twocents:

Loar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Claus' German Sausage and Meats near Fountain Square. I was initially told about it by a guy from South Bend. It's excellent.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If I feel like going to Mooresville or if Im in the area I will stop by the Value mart and get some freshly sliced thick cut bacon from the butcher in the back.

Any other time Wright brand bacon is hard to beat for store bought stuff.

FYI, Value Market's Bacon is "Indiana Kitchen".

Also, I love Value Market. I have to keep a very low sodium diet and none of their meats are pre-brined like most grocery store meats. Ground pork from Value Market is 75mg of sodium for 4oz. Kroger's is 650mg.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Hey Chezuki, I couldn't help but notice your bacon is expired. You should go ahead and send that my way and I will dispose of it properly for you. ;)

Wouldn't want you getting sick or anything.
    Lol, the pic was pulled from the web. I can't even really eat the stuff anymore. I'll make my own by smoking uncured pork belly or occasionally allow myself 1 strip of the lower sodium stuff.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    FYI, Value Market's Bacon is "Indiana Kitchen".

Also, I love Value Market. I have to keep a very low sodium diet and none of their meats are pre-brined like most grocery store meats. Ground pork from Value Market is 75mg of sodium for 4oz. Kroger's is 650mg.

Oh I did not know that. Thanks for the info. That really is some awesome bacon.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I'm going to be "that guy," but a restaurant I used to work for exclusively served "Indiana Kitchen" brand bacon, and in my opinion it's garbage. After going through thousands of pounds of the stuff I have absolutely nothing good to say about it (and this coming from someone who has cooked tens of thousands pounds of bacon in my restaurant days).

Top Bottom