• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm with Chezuki. We use Wrights bacon. It's not a bank breaking amount and it tastes better than all those paper thin excuses for bacon the others throw out.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm going to be "that guy," but a restaurant I used to work for exclusively served "Indiana Kitchen" brand bacon, and in my opinion it's garbage. After going through thousands of pounds of the stuff I have absolutely nothing good to say about it (and this coming from someone who has cooked tens of thousands pounds of bacon in my restaurant days).

The restaurant I used to manage served Indiana Kitchen bacon as well, and it sucked. It always tasted old and cheap. The IK bacon from Value Market or packaged for grocery stores is much, MUCH better. I think the bulk commercial stuff for restaurants is a cheaper, inferior product. I steered my wife away from the IK stuff for a long time until I found out the bacon I loved from Value Market was in fact from Indiana Kitchen.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Marsh in Plainfield has some fantastic bacon in the butcher case, it's cut nice and thick like Wright's and it definitely won't break the bank at $3.99/lb and the occasional sale price of $2.99/lb

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It should be known that the Goose the Market has great bacon but extremely anti 2nd amendment employees.

Sad and true. I know of at least 4 antis there by name. I wish I knew if there were pro constitutionalist there, but I cannot verify.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It should be known that the Goose the Market has great bacon but extremely anti 2nd amendment employees.

Sad and true. I know of at least 4 antis there by name. I wish I knew if there were pro constitutionalist there, but I cannot verify.

Hmm. This I did not know. I always carry there. I'll OC in the next time I go and make a point to talk to Chris (the owner) to see what his thoughts are.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I prefer my own house brand...

It's sucks when we run out and have to go buy bacon at the store. Not that there is such a thing as bad bacon, but some bacon is definitely better than other. If you want the best bacon, find a farmer that has Berkshire hogs. It's almost like eating bacon^2.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I prefer my own house brand...

It's sucks when we run out and have to go buy bacon at the store. Not that there is such a thing as bad bacon, but some bacon is definitely better than other. If you want the best bacon, find a farmer that has Berkshire hogs. It's almost like eating bacon^2.

This ^^^ (except those aren't my pigs)

The best bacon is the bacon you make yourself, where you control spices/flavors, salt level, smoke level, and cut thickness...

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I don't know the brand. I'm sure it comes straight from the butcher, but its from the deli case in the small grocery store downtown Ladoga, Indiana. Thick, wonderful cut bacon perfect amount of fat and meat. It's about 3.89 per pound at last checking.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I am not a fan of the Schwan food company..I worked there for a while and found them to be illogical and self serving in their every decision..HOWEVER..You cannot get better bacon than the pepper bacon off a Schwan truck!

Top Bottom