• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Last week on my way home from Louisville I stopped in Fall City Firearms. I've been in Rick's shop a couple of times, but always had someone with me that wasn't as interested as I was to just look around. Rick greeted me as soon as I came in the door and asked if he could help me. I told him I really just wanted to chat with him a bit and you would have thought I was a long lost friend. His hospitality to come sit a spell and chat was warm and genuine.

I had come to Rick's store to ask him about putting up some fliers and leaving some brocures for Project Appleseed. I also told him I was interested in getting an Appleseed event started in Southern Indiana. Rick was familiar with Appleseed and whole heartedly agreed to help me. In fact he called a buddy of his while I was in the store and put me on the phone with him to talk about the use of a range in the area.

After I got off the phone, Rick and I admired some of the beautiful rifles he had on the wall. He even let me hold his gorgeous M1 Carbine that's not forsale. :faint: Rick is the real deal. A nice man, easy to talk to, knows his stuff and eager to teach you if you're willing to listen. Though he needs to have his glasses checked cause he kept calling me young lady and I'm older than he is.

Stop by when you get a chance, and admire the classics he has. Who knows maybe one will follow you home.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    Apologies for bumping an older thread but: my friend and I were in the Louisville area today so we stopped by this shop around 2:30pm and it appeared to be closed (the shop's website said they close at 4pm on Saturdays). Perhaps they're doing some remodeling? Or maybe I should call next time before I head over there?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apologies for bumping an older thread but: my friend and I were in the Louisville area today so we stopped by this shop around 2:30pm and it appeared to be closed (the shop's website said they close at 4pm on Saturdays). Perhaps they're doing some remodeling? Or maybe I should call next time before I head over there?

My bad....Sometimes on Saturday I get this weird urge to just "leave". I make no excuses...It's real bad in the Spring and then really kicks back in in the fall...I will be sitting here and the shop will have been empty for about a half hour and then a little voice inside my head starts saying things like, "It's your shop...You make the hours....In one hour you can be in Perry County with a gun over your shoulder hunting or sitting on the porch with an end of the week bourbon and coke...It's okay...Folks will understand..." So please accept my apologies...We also have an autistic daughter that sometimes makes me have to change the schedule a bit during the week due to some special classes we have her enrolled in...Please accept my humble apology and feel free to call anytime.

Rick

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    My bad....Sometimes on Saturday I get this weird urge to just "leave". I make no excuses...It's real bad in the Spring and then really kicks back in in the fall...I will be sitting here and the shop will have been empty for about a half hour and then a little voice inside my head starts saying things like, "It's your shop...You make the hours....In one hour you can be in Perry County with a gun over your shoulder hunting or sitting on the porch with an end of the week bourbon and coke...It's okay...Folks will understand..." So please accept my apologies...We also have an autistic daughter that sometimes makes me have to change the schedule a bit during the week due to some special classes we have her enrolled in...Please accept my humble apology and feel free to call anytime.

Rick

No worries, I actually wasn't aware the shop was a one-man operation, in that case I understand completely. If I ran my own gun shop myself I'd probably have the urge to bail early on a Saturday afternoon as well, to be honest. I'll try to come earlier next time I'm in the area; my friend and I would have been there earlier were it not for a living history event in Louisville we visited that day.

Top Bottom