• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Lets start the "what are we bringing" part of the thread in case somebody wants to shoot what we bring.

Also, if you REALLY want to try something not listed, ask. Maybe somebody can bring it. Traditionally, if you want to shoot something, just bring factory ammo to use. That's one of the cool things about this event, most people will let you try their toy.

Mossberg 500 in both 12 and 20 (anyone is welcome to a couple clays. I wont use the whole box)
    G19
    G17
    Ruger 22/45 Bull barrel
    Ar-15 223 (scoped)
    Ruger 10/22 in a Axiom Stock
    Ar-15 9mm
    Sccy 9mm (the one without the manual safety... Forget the model. Its the wife's )
    ??? (I'll update this as it gets closer and I decide what else)

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    What I am bringing:

CZ Scorpion Carbine
    CZ Scorpion pistol
    CZ P10s - Holosun optic
    CZ P01
    CZ P07
    Winchester 190
    Rossi Bravo
    HK VP9
    Walther PPK/S .22LR
    Heritage Rough Rider
    Sig 1911-22

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Id suggest sturdy waterproof footwear. We are supposed to have showers in the AM, but clearing for the afternoon.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Id suggest sturdy waterproof footwear. We are supposed to have showers in the AM, but clearing for the afternoon.
    As Cameramonkey says, it will be cold and rainy in the morning at least.

I'm going to see if I can bring a couple of shelter tents on the trailer with the cannon. Getting it back up on the trailer afterward might get interesting if it's too muddy. I've a got winch, but I've never actually had to use it (plus it's a pain in the butt to power, since it has to be hooked to a car battery, as my Telluride isn't wired for it).

As for what I'm bringing:

2" Whitworth cannon (of course)
    M16 with a couple of uppers
    1873 Springfield Trapdoor
    1864 Snider-Enfield
    1768 Charleville musket
    .62 English fishtail matchlock musket <-- we'll see how that works out with the rain
    Some assorted pistols, probably an 1875 Remington or an 1873 Colt, a .38 of some sort, and at least a 9mm.

Maybe some other stuff, who knows.
    We'll see how much I feel like carrying upstairs to the garage.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    how much current draw for the winch? I've got a portable 12v/12ah battery I can toss in the trunk. It should be enough energy to power a winch for a couple minutes so long as it doesnt need tons of amps.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    how much current draw for the winch? I've got a portable 12v/12ah battery I can toss in the trunk. It should be enough energy to power a winch for a couple minutes so long as it doesnt need tons of amps.
    I'm not sure the current draw, but it's only a 2500 lb ATV winch, designed to run off a 12v battery, so it shouldn't be too high.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    So, how did the shoot go?

Had hoped to make it, but woke up feeling like s***. Got the second shingles vax yesterday and apparently it didn't like me.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I had a good time. @Beowulf shot his cannon off a few times. All in all a good day.

IMG_1946.JPEG

Missing from the picture were my Rossi Bravo, Heritage Rough Rider, and Sig 1911-22. @Cameramonkey and his 15 year old had those and were enjoying them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was awesome. I got there and Don had hooters girls there grilling free Porterhouse steaks, giving free back rubs, and pallets of free ammo for us to use. An EPIC event.

Then I woke up from my dream, got dressed and drove out. Still awesome, though kinda soggy. No rain, but some mud. Lots of lead down range, lots of smoke produced, and one steel target now has a softball sized hole in it. :rockwoot:(and of course Don just laughed about it because it was awesome)

Haven is a crack dealer. He sent my 15yo off with his Rough Rider 22 revolver and 22 lever action. Dammit, now the boy wants one of each.

And he made me one proud papa. He did excellent in his gun safety. I only had to correct him once for a VERY minor infraction; loading a tube fed rifle pointed across the firing line (though not *AT* anyone because we were alone). Still corrected him gently to enforce the habit of keeping the gun pointed up or downrange.

Headed out again with the rest of the fam in the next week or two. The girls had family/band stuff they wanted to watch and didnt want to miss it so we split up.

Thanks again to Don and Stephen for their hospitality. I hope they got some new members out of it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and Sorry @Beowulf. I know I offered up my battery for the winch, but it got buried in the pile and I forgot about it until I got home and unpacked. I hope you guys were able to get it loaded easily. Up front, I was figuring I could leave it behind and Haven being one to normally shut the event down could bring it back if necessary. But that didnt happen. Sorry.

The boy was done and was having a bit of trouble with the noise and REALLY wanted to go home early due to his anxiety spiking because of it. (he has sensory issues) But he was doing a great job throughout the day mitigating his issues by taking some time to sit in the truck and read and decompress in the quiet occasionally. But he just spent too much time with us crazies because he was having fun, and it got to him eventually. Today became a learning event for him at least to pace himself more.

EDIT: And he LOVED your cannon. Every time you shot it I'd look at him and he'd shoot me a huuuuge grin. He thinks that thing was the coolest part of the day.

Last edited:

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I missed most of it because of a conflicting event, but got there in time to see Don un-jam a Garand with a big hammer.

What made the hole in the steel target? The cannon?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I missed most of it because of a conflicting event, but got there in time to see Don un-jam a Garand with a big hammer.

What made the hole in the steel target? The cannon?
    Sorry, my bad. I gave my 15yo Haven's lever action 22LRwithout giving him a safety briefing. Who knew my failure would cause such an epic hole. :ugh:

Top Bottom