• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    OK, day started out great. Picked up a nice Vortex Viper from 42769vette for my Remington 700.

+1 Rep to 42769vette for the scope recommendation.

Drove down to Wilbur Wright Range because its the closest range to my house, and this is where it starts to go downhill. I pull in and there are exactly three people at the range, two shooters on the 25Y pistol range, and the DNR guy. I unload my gear, and proceed to set up for my shoot. My main purpose today was to shoot my tester rounds that I reloaded to find the best powder size that my AR likes. I also decided that since I have this cool new scope, I would see if I could zero it.

So I set up my targets, and do my tester round fire. Afterwords, I pull out my 100 round drum magazine, and decide to do a test fire on it. I start out slow, having feeding problems every so often, which is why I decided to test it in the first place. So I fix the fourth failure to feed, and start pulling the trigger a little fast. Now I know that there is a rule there that states "NO RAPID FIRING". Personally, I didnt think I was firing that fast, but maybe I was. So the DNR guy comes up to me, and tells me that I need to re-read the rules before I resume firing. I tell the guy Ive read the rules. He repeats his request. So I tell him, roger, and get up and re-read the rules, for his sake. I go back to my bench and he tells me that I need to make sure I dont fire so fast next time. As hes telling me this, I see the two guys on the pistol range heading over to the last two benches. I pull out my .308 and start mounting the scope, facing away from the range targets. As I'm doing this, I get the feeling Im being watched, so I look up. I see CPT Fun-sucker (DNR guy) staring at me. So I start looking around to see what I could possibly be doing wrong. I notice at this time, that the two guys at the end of the long gun benches have started to walk down to set up targets. I then put down the scope, and step back from the rifle, as I know your not supposed to be touching a weapon while there are people down range. I look over to CPT Fun-sucker and hes shaking his head like I'm some dumbass thats never handled a firearm before. The guys come back and I finish my scope mounting.

So a little while later, these two guys are firing AK-47 variants seperately, but almost right on top of each other, making it sound like they are doing rapid fire. I look up from my scope, and notice CPT Fun-sucker looking at me again, like Ive started a dangerous new craze. I go back to my zeroing my scope.

End result of the range trip, was reloaded rounds fired, scope purchased, mounted and zeroed at 50Y, and got lectured for something I didnt do, and left feeling like I need to find a new place to shoot. :ar15::patriot:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I hear ya! I've been trying to find private land to shoot on for the past 6 years I've been living here now. I would like to be able to shoot however I want, fast or slow.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    And was the line hot while you were handling the rifle? And it was, why were two guys walking downrange? And why didn't someone call the the line cold if they wanted to go downrange? And if the line was called cold, why were you handling your rifle/mounting your scope?

Something's missing here.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom