• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    OK. I work at a pawn shop and have been buying silver for a little bit. Very little by very little and I now have a very little that I would like to sell. I can sell it to myself at work and get spot for it. I think that would be fair BUT, when we sell silver there, we sell it for a couple dollars over spot.

I have also looked on e-bay and have seen it there for well over spot.

If I were to put it for sale here, what would a fair asking price be relative to spot for individual to individual transactions?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Kind of depends on what you have. Is it bars? Coins? Rounds? Also how much do you have?

I'm looking to sell a 10oz Engelhard Bar and a 10oz Johnson Matthey bar. Neither one of them are "pretty" but, they are not chipped or anything like that. I also have 20 of those generic rounds that look like buffalo head nickles that I'm looking to sell. I'm thinking about selling some silver eagles too...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The rounds you can buy at coin stores at spot all day long. The 10 oz bars you will probably get a couple bucks more total then spot

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I think a fair price is whatever anyone can walk into a dealer and get. It is not unfair to make a profit. If that profit is made at the market standard. As I am sure you know be prepared to go down in price as the market fluctuates. You can not go up. Unless you do not put a price and say it is for sale at $x over spot. I would think that would be fair.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The fairest price is whatever someone is willing to pay. If that's over spot, under spot or right at spot and you both come to an agreement then that's a fair deal.

I sold some silver to a guy for $1 less than spot. He had cash and we could make it quick and easy. It wasn't a whole lot of silver either, but the point is that you have to determine for yourself what's a good deal.

Top Bottom