• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Always figured best to buy ahead in the past, however, between not shooting as much, reloading and other projects was thinking maybe time to sell off some of the 5.56 ammo. Do not really feel like giving it away (one of the guys at work wanted to buy some but not really for three rounds for a dollar) but not total take advantage of the buyer that did not buy ahead. Most likely will go the classic Gunbroker method but figure would ask for inputs and local spot prices (not an offer to sell at this time, besides need to inventory ;-).

Have a case or three each of IMI, Canadian, USGI (pre 2000) and Germany (Hertizenberger which has a harder and better shaped core and out penetrates the others in testing on steel and cross sectioning) that use to shoot for practice that now is reloads only (Sierra 69 gr).

Should also be a eight to ten cases total of Wolf 55gr, 62gr and 75gr that was used for practice (75gr) or the belt gun before started shooting reloads (the other reason for clearing out the store purchased ammo).

Lastly have to check the stock of M193 as would normally keep a few cases just because.

Thanks for the discussion and like I said at this time only talking.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Pass on a deal to good but unprepared friends who need some or go ahead and put it on gunbroker and let the ignorant pay double what it's worth.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I've been searching for some for the last few weeks . I've seen it at 50 cents online but after shipping its higher . I'm holding out for 40 cents or less because I only need a few hundred to get me through til May . on gunbroker you will probably find a few dummies willing to pay a buck a round or so

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    that M193 would look real nice in my AR! Just Say'in, ya know in case you feel like letting some of it go!

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    I've been searching for some for the last few weeks . I've seen it at 50 cents online but after shipping its higher . I'm holding out for 40 cents or less because I only need a few hundred to get me through til May . on gunbroker you will probably find a few dummies willing to pay a buck a round or so

Since I paid 35 cents a round plus sales tax for some o of the M193, to make a nickel a round would not cover the sales tax on the ammo I got and when/if could ever repurchase it later for 35 cent a round. At that rate it's not worth selling to come out not quite even ;-).

Pass on a deal to good but unprepared friends who need some or go ahead and put it on gunbroker and let the ignorant pay double what it's worth.

You might have it scoped out exactly. But selling to friends is dangerous, almost easier to just give or not deal with friends. Had one of the guys that kept trying to buy ammo and I would offer it for the best bulk price I could find (i.e. break even for me if we made a large order) and he always needed for 20% under whole sale market price, after the deal was done and had ordered the ammo or once we would make a deal he would back out over half the time after cherry picking the package. Last time he did that was on AR15 parts that I got from another friend during this crazy time and he found something on line for a few percent less .... I just asked him to stop asking to buy stuff ... he is mad now.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    My personal mark - in this climate - is roughly $0.50/round for brass cased. Any higher and I don't need it. Fifty or lower and I'll continue buying 250-1,000 at a time until I return to 5,000 - 7,500 rounds in the bunker.

Steel cased and I don't think I would go more than $0.25 to maybe $0.30 round. I've got a bit of steel cased that runs successfully in one AR. However, I refuse to use it in the Noveske.

I got 1,000 brass cased with $5 shipping at $0.5025 per round last week.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    My personal mark - in this climate - is roughly $0.50/round for brass cased. Any higher and I don't need it. Fifty or lower and I'll continue buying 250-1,000 at a time until I return to 5,000 - 7,500 rounds in the bunker.

Steel cased and I don't think I would go more than $0.25 to maybe $0.30 round. I've got a bit of steel cased that runs successfully in one AR. However, I refuse to use it in the Noveske.

I got 1,000 brass cased with $5 shipping at $0.5025 per round last week.

All good prices, at or below what I could purchase for last year. Got some Wolf Nov 15th a little over four years ago, for blasting ammo, but found it more accurate than the Fed XM193, so ended up shooting it more and for the belt gun works well also (an HK so a little hard on the brass ;-).

Thanks for the data points. Sounding like the two options are just pass (getting old enough might not work through the ammo except for belt guns) or list on Gun Broker.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I was basing off what I consider to be fair. Market price? Not over the last few weeks... I was glad to find the brass-cased at $0.50 with today's prices. The 1500 sounds like the lowest runs from $0.71-$0.92 per round.

Course, I won't pay over $15 for a Pmag either.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    i yhink .50 is the sweet spot for the M193 right now. Those that have had it for a while will make some money and those in need are still okay with that price?

Basically that's what I'd pay!

I just picked up 1000 rounds of 124g FMJ 9mm for .32 each. I figure its cheaper than running all over town hoping to get lucky and find some!

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Since I paid 35 cents a round plus sales tax for some o of the M193, to make a nickel a round would not cover the sales tax on the ammo I got and when/if could ever repurchase it later for 35 cent a round. At that rate it's not worth selling to come out not quite even ;-).

oh i wasnt saying you should sell it to me for that, i was just saying thats what i'm hoping to find. I'll probably end up giving in and paying 50 cents a round in the next couple of weeks. I had given up on finding an AR so I didnt worry about buying ammo. I happen to get lucky and get a decent deal from another ingo member so now I need to find some lol.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I would like to pay around .40 to .50 right now. But you could get more if you wanted. You could pass a few around here before you go to gunbroker and make a mint on it. Being that your pretty far south from me i wouldn't be able to get any if you did sell.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Thanks everyone for the inputs, however, one of the guys pointed out that a GB auction sold Win M855 (green tip) for $2 a round for a case of a thousand .... guess there is at least one person with more money than brains .... or I mean a motivate customer ;-). Not been confirmed, I have enough for tonight, after watching Guns, Germs and Steel (don't think the Spanish would have won at today's ammo prices ;-).

Top Bottom