• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    And you say you’re prepared for a shtf situation? Did anybody watch the new show on TLC called Extreme Couponing? I usually don’t watch these type of shows but WHOLY S#!$!!!!! 75 boxes of cereal, 50 bags of chips, 345 canned goods, 27 boxes of dish detergent, 42 rolls of paper towels, 47 containers of cleaning supplies 324 cans of soda, 24 deodorants, 4,000 dippers,1000 tubes of tooth paste,40 bottles of vitamins, 300 cans of soup, 700 bottles of body wash, and enough chips for 800 people. Just seeing the stockpile they have was shocking to me.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    my wifey is doing it. she is all into saving money and prepping! we still dont have a lot but our "stock pile" is growing at a much faster rate than it would with out the couponing.

now if they would just do some coupons and double coupon days for ammo!

jake

FWShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    To me 99% of those people remind me of my best friend's mom growing up. Had a ton of food always in the house, lots of cereal boxes, etc all bought because she got a great deal on it.

Fast forward a couple years ago and 95% of it we ended up throwing away because it was stuff she never ate, had no desire to eat, etc.

Sadly she could have gotten the great deal and gave it to food bank but she wanted the attention from what she had.

20 bucks in a year we will see the same people on that show on Horders.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife isn't quite THAT extreme, but man, can she sniff out a bargain! We only buy what we will actually use, but do buy it in bulk, on sale, and with coupons.

She did the math on our baby formula last year, and we saved something like $300 over retail. Then there is the diapers.....

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    My wife isn't quite THAT extreme, but man, can she sniff out a bargain! We only buy what we will actually use, but do buy it in bulk, on sale, and with coupons.

She did the math on our baby formula last year, and we saved something like $300 over retail. Then there is the diapers.....
    Baby formula will KILL any budget. That stuff is EXPENSIVE.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    a lot of junk on that show is bogus. My wife worked retail for fifteen years (me for three in high school a long time ago). There is no way that the show isn't providing them coupons half of the time. Second, my wife caught the "beeping" after scanning each of a handful of the coupons, and realized that by watching the register screen, they were using coupons for the wrong items and the store was taking them anyway (perhaps in a bid to get good PR for the store?) as they were doing overrides for them.

Lots of good sales can be had, and I have relatives that regularly get 50-80 percent off an entire order, but it doesn't happen all the time.'

But the coupons are doing my home good, and the stockpile is coming along nicely :). I wasn't really planning on it, but we are at least at a two-month amount now, and probably a year in toiletries, and we've only gone hardcore couponing since the new year.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Unfortnutately nobody local doubles coupons, which is how they do a lot of it. Plus there are subscription services for coupons as well.

Hi im Bob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, i saw something about this. It was crazy, one of the ladies house looked like isle 6 lol. It was amazing how much they were actually saveing.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    That show has me confused. How can you get 40 jars of spagetti sauce free with coupons around here? I just don't see those type of coupons for our local grocery stores.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    That show has me confused. How can you get 40 jars of spagetti sauce free with coupons around here? I just don't see those type of coupons for our local grocery stores.

They use a coupon subscription service or get multiple copies of coupons in some other way (newspapers, friends, etc), then watch for sales at grocery stores that double coupons. Example would be a $0.50/jar coupon. Spaghetti sauce goes on sale for say $1.25. Double the coupon and they get the jar for $0.25 (or less if the sale price is lower)

crawfish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    south indy
    My wife was telling me some of those online coupon sites you have to fill out endless surveys and some actually cost money. So I would like to see that info and one of the moms does home school like to see her day of teaching got those kids working a sweat shop of internet surveys and coupon cutting.

Top Bottom